or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Citroën C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+ 2007 water leak boot

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Leslie21   
Fri May 13 2011, 03:18pm
Member No: #14568
Hi,
Since I bought my car (1year) I have this problem after every rainy day:

My car have been 3 times at the Citroen garage with this leak but no result.
Today I had enough.Took 5 min to find the reason for this leak.

7 User said Thank You to Leslie21 for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (14 May 2011 : 00:48) , Ballistic (14 May 2011 : 05:47) ,  (21 Jul 2011 : 13:21) ,  (14 Aug 2011 : 13:28) , alfsgc4p (30 Jun 2013 : 05:54) , mdrebel (11 Sep 2013 : 09:20) , TheMingster (07 May 2014 : 15:27)
Dave_Retired.   
Sat May 14 2011, 12:50am

Member No: #1
So it's the seal around the high level stop light. Thanks for sharing this as it will help others.
Phil   
Sat May 14 2011, 01:16am

Member No: #406
I'm surprised they didn't find that. We've done a few. When you remove the lamp you'll find the seal is split.
Leslie21   
Sat May 14 2011, 04:10am
I'm surprised too. 1 year, 3 visit and they didn't find that.I think they didn't realy tried.

If someone does not use luggage cover rainwater straight goes to spare seats.

After the last garage visit I arrived home and I couldn't open the boot.I used Emergency unlocking and now I can't close it.

I think time to find a better citroen garage. Could anyone recommend one around Manchester?
Dave_Retired.   
Sat May 14 2011, 05:49am

Leslie21 wrote ...

I'm surprised too. 1 year, 3 visit and they didn't find that.I think they didn't realy tried.
............................... I think time to find a better citroen garage. Could anyone recommend one around Manchester?

Go to the 'Reviewer' - Click Here - and search on your post code for reviews on dealers or Independents in your area (You can also add your own reviews)
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Leslie21 (14 May 2011 : 10:31)
Leslie21   
Sat May 21 2011, 02:08pm
Finaly I got fixed, they changed the whole high level stop light.
bigbaz   
Thu Jul 21 2011, 01:20pm
Thanks soo much Leslie21 you have saved me alot of trouble.
Sickpuppy   
Thu Aug 18 2011, 04:15pm
Hi guys. Just had mine sorted also.

However engineer offered a pretty sound explanation for the failed gasket.

Two words.

Jet wash.

It seems that holding the lance too close to the lamp can rupture the flimsy gasket as it isn't up to dealing with high pressure spray. It simply is sliced apart by the water jet. That and the fact it is of such poor quality that over it's short life it is weakened further by the extremes of temperature due to it's location.

Seems to make sense.

I'm sure to be careful when washing it now anyways.

Dan
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 02:19am

'Jet Washes' can be bad news in more ways than that due to the very high pressures that some run and the incompetent numpties that use them at times.

Ever tried explaining that a certain car (C6) has 'frame-less' windows and you shouldn't point the jet at an angle to the doors or the rubber seals will flex and the inside of the car will get a soaking?
BigJohnD   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 03:35am

Member No: #82
C6 Dave wrote ...

'Jet Washes' can be bad news in more ways than that due to the very high pressures that some run and the incompetent numpties that use them at times.

There's a warning on the nouvelle C4 stating that power jet washers should not be used around the area of the fuel filler cap.

(It's very different from the original C4 - there's no conventional locking cap and it's open remotely from the dash.)
routemaster1   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 11:41am
Member No: #574
BigJohnD wrote ...

C6 Dave wrote ...

There's a warning on the nouvelle C4 stating that power jet washers should not be used around the area of the fuel filler cap.

(It's very different from the original C4 - there's no conventional locking cap and it's open remotely from the dash.)

Sounds the same as the C4P!
pompeychimes   
Sun Sep 18 2011, 05:53am
I have recently bought a 2008 c4 grande and have discovered a leak on the top left hand side of the screen. As there are no rubbers on the inside and only moulded plastic I was hoping another C4 owner might be able to offer some advice on rectifying this problem apart from my last resort of taking it to the citroen dealership to sort.

However after exploring the site eventualy found this info posted. Although the leak from the break light isnt confirmed yet, at least i can confidently point out to the mechanic where it is most probabnly coming from.

MANY THANKS!!!!!!
Leslie21   
Sun Sep 18 2011, 06:09am
pompeychimes wrote ...

I have recently bought a 2008 c4 grande and have discovered a leak on the top left hand side of the screen. As there are no rubbers on the inside and only moulded plastic I was hoping another C4 owner might be able to offer some advice on rectifying this problem apart from my last resort of taking it to the citroen dealership to sort.
However after exploring the site eventualy found this info posted. Although the leak from the break light isnt confirmed yet, at least i can confidently point out to the mechanic where it is most probabnly coming from. MANY THANKS!!!!!!

Resealing the brake light and windscreen washer fixed my cars leak.
Citroen garage first job to stop the water leak was reseal the window in the boot.
If you take of the plastic door panel you can see exactly where the water comes from.
TheMingster   
Tue May 13 2014, 03:37pm
Member No: #35106
My GP has the same fault and the dealer only offers a complete new light for £23+vat.
Anybody found a source for the gasket alone?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member