or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Any problems after remapping a C4 1.6HDi?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Trancey   
Wed Sep 02 2009, 02:37am
Hi, I recently bought myself an 08 1.6HDI 110 VTR+. It could do with a bit extra poke and the turbo lag up to 1800rpm is particularly annoying. I previously had a 2.0HDI Picasso which I owned from new and covered 134,000 miles, but never found it lacking in the power department, maybe I'm expecting a bit more as the C4 has a sportier type image and feel.

I haven't had a car remapped before so I'm a little apprehensive with regard to reliability and warranty etc., has anyone had any problems after remapping? I'm not after creating a performance beast, I'm just after some extra power without reliability or econmy suffering. What could I expect from a remap?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Sep 02 2009, 03:28am

Member No: #1
There are numerous threads on this already. My 1.6HDi was re mapped by Angel Tuning and is now between 140 - 143 BHP (hasn't been rolling road checked though) with a similar increase in torque so the car is much more driveable, has power across a much wider band and driven hard still gets 50mpg.

Can't recommend getting it done enough, but make sure the firm is reliable.

Angel Tuning - Click Here - are our recommended provider and Premier Members get a 20% discount.

My insurance wasn't affected either.

Reliability?

Read my C4 1.6 HDi Long Term Road Test and the car has covered 48,000 miles since the re map
BigJohnD   
Wed Sep 02 2009, 04:03am

Member No: #82
The 1.6HDi engine is rock solid. Get it done and don't worry.
doogie   
Wed May 18 2011, 02:07pm
Hi C6 Dave, I was wondering how much Angel Tuning charged you for a remap (after 20%) discount as they don't seem to have any prices listed!

Did you also use the depot in Ashington?

Cheers
Dave_Retired.   
Wed May 18 2011, 02:28pm

Member No: #1
doogie wrote ...

Hi C6 Dave, I was wondering how much Angel Tuning charged you for a remap (after 20%) discount as they don't seem to have any prices listed!

Did you also use the depot in Ashington?

Call Nigel on the number listed for a current price as it does vary a bit by car and mine was done a few years ago now.....

They actually came to me before James at TintsNTweaks became an affiliate (at my suggestion)
doogie   
Wed May 18 2011, 04:41pm
C6 Dave wrote ...

Call Nigel on the number listed for a current price as it does vary a bit by car and mine was done a few years ago now.....

They actually came to me before James at TintsNTweaks became an affiliate (at my suggestion)

True. I've posted him a message as I don't think he'd appreciate me calling at this hour

I see nothing but good comments about getting a remap so I think it will be money well spent as I intend on keeping the car for until the start of next summer.

Cheers
damian24   
Wed May 18 2011, 10:06pm
doogie had mine done not to long ago. Check out post
- Click Here -

Bump   
Tue May 24 2011, 11:33am
Member No: #11478
I had my C2 VTS done by Angel Tuning (same engine as C4) and was still going strong when it was sold for the C4, its well worth it and I'd recommended Angel all the way !

Just need to save up and get the Loeb done...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member