or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Some photos of my "Nouvelle C4"

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
connormoose   
Wed May 11 2011, 08:06pm
Member No: #5593
Realistically, most people are going to be opening their doors to pop their bonnet anyway. It is in the foot well so I cannot reach it from the driver side. How often would you need to pop the bonnet when you are driving with a passenger.

Quite often you open the bonnet to add coolant or screen wash so you are out of the car anyway. So you would HAVE TO open the door to pull the lever.

So for me, its a bit of a non-issue.
CE08LDB   
Thu May 12 2011, 12:09am
Member No: #5380
Very Smart John, I know wht you mean by the mats I took my Dealer ones out as I found Exclusive Mats in the boot of my New C3 and clipped it in the plugs like your C4 has.
routemaster1   
Thu May 12 2011, 01:33am
Member No: #574
C6 Dave wrote ...

The old C4 had this as a feature, but it didn't stop the bonnet 'popping' whilst driving either by human error in not closing it, or the locking mechanism having no maintenance and sticking in the open position

This was an issue with the last style of Clio and was subject to a recall. The issue here, as far as I could see, was ingress of dirt and lack of lubrication.
Cra1g   
Thu May 12 2011, 07:02am
Very nice John.

Hope your loving the new motor
1 User said Thank You to for this Post :
 BigJohnD (12 May 2011 : 07:26)
BigJohnD   
Thu May 12 2011, 07:23am

Member No: #82
connormoose wrote ...

So for me, its a bit of a non-issue.

Remember the car is essentially LHD, and the bonnet release has not been moved to the UK driver's side.
connormoose   
Thu May 12 2011, 08:22pm
Yes I know. The fact that it is over on the other side means most of us in the UK are going to have to get out, go round and have to open the door anyway to pull the lever.

BigJohnD   
Thu May 19 2011, 05:56am

This morning I went shopping for milk and bananas, and put the bag on the passenger seat.

I set off and the seat belt warning buzzer went off. I checked my seat belt and I'd put it on. I stopped, put the shopping in the boot and set off again. No seat belt warning.

So I conclude there's some of sensor in the passenger seat to detect if someone's sitting it.

And it must be sensitive as 4 pints of milk and 4 bananas weigh about 3kg!
BigJohnD   
Sun May 29 2011, 05:29pm

I topped up the car's vital fluids earlier today. So here's a few pictures of the latest version of the DV6 92hp 1.6HDi (manual 'box).

Under-bonnet view:

A straight dipstick - hooray!!

Access for replacing headlight bulbs looks a lot easier.
Off-side:

Nearside:

Where's the battery?
wozza   
Sun May 29 2011, 05:47pm

Member No: #2
My GP has a similar set up on the battery as well. Was interesting when I went to jump start my car from it. As normally I remove the battery tray to get decent access as my grips on the jumper leads are massive.

In the end I just got my mates car as it was easier.
connormoose   
Sun May 29 2011, 07:15pm
The seat sensors are the same on the DS3 then. I seen a great price on 12 pack of Coke so just bought those. I put them on the passenger seat, just for handiness sake. As I was driving along the warning sounded telling me someone wasnt wearing their seatbelts.

I think Ill try this out on the rear seats tomorrow. As this could potentially become very annoying if I were transporting a few things in the car and the alarm going off, and progressively getting louder.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon May 30 2011, 01:28am

Member No: #1
connormoose wrote ...

I think Ill try this out on the rear seats tomorrow. As this could potentially become very annoying if I were transporting a few things in the car and the alarm going off, and progressively getting louder.

It will eventually cut off though, it's not continuous (if it's the same as the older C4) it will build in volume, then stop after a few minutes
BigJohnD   
Wed Aug 24 2011, 12:10pm

Just done over 300 miles this week, going to West, East and North Yorks. The mpg readout when we got home was 64.2. The car's getting better, and that means 800 miles from a tankful. Not bad.
PentlandC4   
Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:29pm
Member No: #13613
Your C4 sounds good John. Getting used to 20bhp less?
BigJohnD   
Thu Aug 25 2011, 07:36am

PentlandC4 wrote ...

Getting used to 20bhp less?

The lack of those 20 horses makes just that bit of difference when going up hill, pulling away quickly from low revs and powering away at 65+ mph when over taking. So driving tactics have to change accordingly, and to get 110-like performance, the 92 horses get thrashed!
Stuey   
Thu Aug 25 2011, 07:44am
Member No: #84
It sounds like such a nothing amount but when I went from the 90bhp 1.4 to the 110bhp 1.6 petrol it makes the world amount of difference.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member