or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Angel Tuning Gold Package 20/04/2011

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
damian24   
Wed Apr 20 2011, 12:23pm
Hi guys,

Right after almost a year of thinking about it I finally got the gold package from angel tuning for my C4 coupe 1.6 HDi 110 56(07) and f**k me the car now goes like stink!!!

I drove 178miles to get it done and on the way there I got 51.3mpg driving normally. On way back I got 55.3mpg and that was not all driving normally if you get my drift but some of the way was anyway you get a custom built cat back system, a performance filter and remap all in for £600 notes but being a premier member I got it for £545 which is not bad if you ask me

I had it all done at a small place in Birmingham called 'Roar Power' and I met Dean who built and fitted the system and the filter and Nigel done the remap. I have to say they were very friendly and did a excellent job!!

All in all I am extremely pleased with the results and after day one I would recommend it but it is early days as only just got back but I'm sure it will all be ok.

I am not a fast driver but WILL enjoy the car more now!!!

Go on you know you want to do it!!!!!!

Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 20 2011, 01:30pm

Member No: #1
The actual 'driveability' of the car in everyday use really does improve after a remap.

Don't know how many times I have said that now..............
damian24   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 03:21am
you are right dave. Every one should get it done!!!
Rich_Eason   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 05:50am

Member No: #90
C6 Dave wrote ...

The actual 'driveability' of the car in everyday use really does improve after a remap.

Don't know how many times I have said that now..............

We need a "This car needs a remap" emote...
mooresey   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 07:13am
Member No: #18464
I want mine done.

How does this affect premiums?
damian24   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 11:40am
I did read some ones post on here some where that he called his insurance company and dont think it changed at all. I'm calling mine after the bank holiday just to make sure
PPP7   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 12:08pm
Member No: #135
When I looked on one of those comparison sites it was about a 20% increase in cost for a VTS HDi.

I know some companies won't even insure you if you had your car remapped.
Cra1g   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 12:13pm
Sorry for probably a dumb question...

But, whats the point in having a custom cat back system on a HDi? Doesn't the system work on some kind of back pressure to give a boost in power?

From my understanding when I've modded previous car's, a De-Cat system will generally give you between 8% and 12% more power, however a Cat back system just gives abit of a more sporty sound.

Regarding the performance filter, what change does it give to that of a normal OEM filter?

I completely agree with the re-map and I should imagine your running around the 138BHP mark with the remap laone, but dont follow how the filter and exhaust benefits a HDi 110?
wozza   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 03:33pm

Member No: #2
The exhaust and filter will still help out a little filter should provide slightly better throttle response etc.
SP36   
Thu Apr 21 2011, 04:30pm
Ah need my VTS done... Got to justify £550 to the Mrs though! Maybe I'll focus on the MPG gain.
mooresey   
Fri Apr 22 2011, 08:40am
Member No: #18464
Thats what I am going to focus on when I have it done
lgw   
Fri Jun 03 2011, 10:24am
I'm going for the better MPG line as well. I did think about saving the environment line but she wouldn't believe me!!!!
damian24   
Wed Jul 27 2011, 07:24pm
A quick update. Had MOT the other day and my biggest fear was a failure on emissions but was fine so no problems there
bambaaaa   
Thu Jul 28 2011, 10:21am
Well I have the secondary cat removed in my car and I passed my emissions test
IvanVTS   
Mon Aug 01 2011, 07:35pm
Member No: #20386
Not fair people! Send these Angel guys down under
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member