or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

BJD's (now not so) New (B7) C4 1.6 HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Magistrate   
Mon Jun 18 2018, 05:12am
Member No: #1731
The cynical may think they were trying to inflate the price by selling you a new battery. My C4 is now 10 years old and has a full service history from Citroen, always looked after by a dealership in Stafford. The last time I was there for a service, timing belt and front brake replacement they were undergoing major restoration in the Citroen dealership section and I have to admit customer service was awful. I suppose many people will ask why we persist in using Citroen with our aging cars. For me, product knowledge is important as is the fixed prices that independants find difficult to match. Fortunately for me there are two dealerships within spitting difference, I wont be going the Stafford ever again particularly when I was told by the service manager it was about time I got rid of it. 34000 mile and as unmarked as the day it left thee showroom!
BigJohnD   
Mon Jun 18 2018, 06:08am

Member No: #82
Magistrate wrote ...
I have to admit customer service was awful. I suppose many people will ask why we persist in using Citroen with our aging cars

The prime reason is they (should) have all the expertise and information, and owners don't face prejudicial statements about French cars.

Fortunately, I have another Citroën nearby as well an independent.

And listening to experiences of family members, VW, Audi and BMW are no better in terms of service, quality and price.
routemaster1   
Mon Jun 18 2018, 08:08am
Member No: #574
I have found that, if there is an issue, I can talk to the technician, I have been in the workshop to view and discuss an aircon problem, and if I feel that it is necessary, I have been in contact with the service manager. I needed to do that to ensure I got my car back after the issue with the Adblue tank.

Almost invariably, I get a phone call to ask if I was completely satisfied with my visit. Of course, after the latest issue when I actually have some comments, they haven't called!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member