or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

BJD's (now not so) New (B7) 2010 C4 1.6 HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
keith   
Sun Apr 10 2011, 11:54am
I bet you'll miss your boot tidy for the wine!

It does look nice though. Black does suit it.
BigJohnD   
Sun Apr 10 2011, 12:05pm

Member No: #82
keith wrote ...

Sure will.

A milk crate is so infradig.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Apr 10 2011, 01:08pm

Member No: #1
BigJohnD wrote ...

keith wrote ...

Sure will.

A milk crate is so infradig.

There is now a solution available from Citroen, Part 9414EE Boot Shim. Haven't seen them but looks like they simply stick in the carpet floor anywhere you want to restrain an item:

Or retain the luggage net you never used on the old C4 and do what I did on the C6 - Click Here -
mooresey   
Sun Apr 10 2011, 02:13pm
Member No: #18464
WOW that looks really good, does it work on the old C4 or is it just the new one?
Darren   
Sun Apr 10 2011, 03:28pm
Member No: #5650
Probably good for my tin of cleaning products. After a short drive they tend to be all over the boot!
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Apr 11 2011, 01:29am

mooresey wrote ...

WOW that looks really good, does it work on the old C4 or is it just the new one?

Any car with loop pile mats in the boot (not rubber)
BigJohnD   
Mon Apr 11 2011, 06:02am

C6 Dave wrote ...

There is now a solution available from Citroen, Part 9414EE Boot Shim. Haven't seen them but looks like they simply stick in the carpet floor anywhere you want to restrain an item:

I'll investigate that.
BigJohnD   
Wed Apr 13 2011, 02:20pm

I picked it up this afternoon - new style C4, a VTR+ 5 door, 90 HDi. (Apologies for the so-so photos)

First impressions?

+ves
Very shiny
Daylight running lights.
A lot of niggles sorted, particularly with the radio, which accepts an iPod immediately and easily with no restrictions on the text.
Bluetooth identified our HTCs immediately, and work. Address book not read though but list of last calls is.
More info packed into central display. Wiper stalk button cycles through: Clock -> Instantaneous Readout -> Trip 1 -> Trip 2 -> Clock
Pause and "+" & -" on the cruise control have changed places!
No tax for year one; £30 next year.
Folding mirrors are neat, not heated.
No electric handbrake, just a conventional one.
Supposed to have hill start assist, but not aware of it. I use the handbrake.
Neat torch in the boot
LED reading lights for rear passengers.
Fuel consumption looks very good.

-ves
Seats not as big or as comfortable as original VTR+.
90hp lacks a bit of oomph at 65 mph
Speedo over-reads by 3-4 mph compared to satnav i.e. a displayed 70mph is an actual 66mph - my original VTR+ never differed by more than 1mph and most of the time was the same.

And finally, for Dave, you need a new font!!
mooresey   
Wed Apr 13 2011, 02:41pm
Very nice, want one
PentlandC4   
Wed Apr 13 2011, 02:47pm
Member No: #13613
Your new C4 looks good. The positives and negatives are interesting to read.

On the negatives, the seat specification looks a bit more akin to the old SX. Interesting about the speedo; I've been using satnav a fair bit recently and you're right - the speedo is bang on.

In terms of the performance, the engine will presumably still need a bit of running in. I'm curious to see how your fuel economy works out - I'm expecting to read about some startling economy!

Is it a more refined machine on the move? I can't believe that I still haven't sat in a new C4 yet... must amend ASAP!
connormoose   
Wed Apr 13 2011, 07:56pm
Member No: #5593
As far as the seats differing from the origianl VTR+, thats understandable as the VTR+ was a higher spec in terms of the old model range.

I never sat in an old VTR+ but my SX seats were perfectly fine

Have to say BJD, the black does look like the best colour Iv seen so far. Glad you chose the C4 over the C3 Picasso.
BigJohnD   
Thu Apr 14 2011, 03:46am

connormoose wrote ...

As far as the seats differing from the original VTR+, that's understandable as the VTR+ was a higher spec in terms of the old model range.

The specs are different, noticeably the absence of the big seats, auto-lighting, auto-wipers and climate control in the new VTR+.
But it now has better head-rests, auto-folding heating mirrors with puddle lights, bluetooth, USB/iPod link, more adjustment on the steering wheel.
connormoose wrote ...

I never sat in an old VTR+ but my SX seats were perfectly fine

You need to sit in old VTR+ seats - everyone who got in would comment on how good they were.
Darren   
Thu Apr 14 2011, 06:25am
Member No: #5650
Going back to the Boot Chocks that were mentioned, they are coming up as £19.00 (incl. fitting & VAT) for 9414EE at my local dealer. Designed for the new C3 and DS3. Still no idea how they fix though.

I assume in essence this is the equivalent of the fold away partition on the Original C4's just at a much cheaper price and less functional.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Apr 14 2011, 07:07am

Totally different Darren. These simply grip into the loop pile carpet so can be placed anywhere.

The old model was a folding partition that pulled out
mooresey   
Thu Apr 14 2011, 08:45am
Look here - Click Here -
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member