or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

First Day & First Impressions ! 1.6 HDi 92 "Cool" Hatch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Stuey   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 02:48am
Member No: #84
yeah 60 litre fuel tanks are no fun!! The local Sainsburys has a realy old pump and it takes an age to fill it.
Simps   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 03:17am
LOL, I had a 90l in my Rangie, fortunately the place I bought gas (@35p/litre) you could walk away and leave it to its own devices, I used to pop into the office and have a warm!

As the main tank got emptier the filling got slower
StevieB   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 12:26pm
Our C4 Cool, is 3 weeks old today ( well, from delivery date).. I have today clocked up and passed the 1,000 mile mark...

The fuel consumption, continues to improve, currently reading 64.1 mpg and this is ALL town /city driving.

I really am mightily impressed with this car and particularly the 1.6 HDI engine.

I am pleased to say, the dealership promptly sorted out my noisy /juddering wiper issue.. simply replaced the blades under warranty.. now they are spot on..

and my "cool " badge arrived today... excellent.. I shall put that on myself when I next wash the car..

We are still highly delighted with it.. and KUDOS to our supplying dealer , who up to this point, has remained nameless....

Evans Halshaw - Citroen- Solihull...

particular thanks to business manager Andy and salesman Wayne for sorting our deal out and our minor issues..
Cheers guys !

Dave_Retired.   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 12:44pm

Member No: #1
We have too many reports of bad service stevieb as we all know good news is no news -- thanks for posting on a dealer who has provided great service to balance things out
StevieB   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 12:16pm
Our COOL hatch is 1 month old now, and she's booked in for her obligatory pre-warranty check tomorrow having done just under 1,300 miles.

Running lovely at the moment, and my 2nd tank of fuel has an average mpg of 64.1 so we are still delighted..

The only niggle I shall mention to the dealer tomorrow, actually started this afternoon.. every time the clutch pedal is depressed there's a low audible click.. only started today.. just a niggle that one knows is there... shall see what they say..
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 12:22pm

Member No: #1
Probably your Knee joint with all that clutch pedal depressing
StevieB   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 12:25pm
LOL

I think I am well past my warranty check up Dave
Phil   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 04:25pm

Member No: #406
If it's a barely audible click... and happens right at the top of the pedal travel (i.e within the first initial 5-10mm of pressing the pedal) it'll be the clutch pedal microswitch. There's not a lot you'll be able to do with that I'm afraid.

If not, then I'm not sure.. not had any other reports.
routemaster1   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 04:44pm
Member No: #574
I have a click on the brake pedal on my C4GP, which I assumed was a microswitch to activate brake lights. What would be the function of a microswitch on a clutch?
BigJohnD   
Wed Aug 29 2007, 04:57pm

Member No: #82
routemaster1 wrote ...
What would be the function of a microswitch on a clutch?

Dis-engage the cruise control.
StevieB   
Thu Aug 30 2007, 12:01am
Phil wrote ...

If it's a barely audible click... and happens right at the top of the pedal travel (i.e within the first initial 5-10mm of pressing the pedal) it'll be the clutch pedal microswitch. There's not a lot you'll be able to do with that I'm afraid.

If not, then I'm not sure.. not had any other reports.

yup. Thanks Phil, just as the pedal is depressed there's an audible click.. what puzzles me ?
Is why should it have only started in the last dozen miles or so ?
I certainly didn't hear it for the last 1200 odd miles, so why was it silent and now it isnt ?

Cheers Phil
StevieB   
Thu Aug 30 2007, 09:42am
First check up done and dusted... even vacuumed and washed the car.. ( jet wash and dried with a blade, not a sponge in sight) Pleasantly suprised with Evans Halshaw - Citroen service I must say.

The clutch "click", is indeed as you have said... the cruise control micro switch.. they have no explanation as to why it was silent for the first 1200 miles till yesterday, other than it was "new" for those 1200 miles..

Just have to get used to it, or turn the radio /cd on .. still the good news is it's not my left knee clicking

On to the 12,500 mark, we go then
StevieB   
Fri Aug 31 2007, 12:23pm
This weekend will be our first experience of using the "cruise control" as we have a little jaunt up the M6 and M54..
Looking forward to some cruising on the motorway, makes a change from all the pootling about I do for work all week...

Oh yes.. and as its the weekend we "should" be able to get a wriggle on.. and avoid all that weekday crawl stuff
BigJohnD   
Fri Aug 31 2007, 03:30pm

Member No: #82
I use Cruise control all the time! Even on the way to work. Couldn't live without it.

Switch it off to slow the car down and then press "+" to creep back up to speed or switch it back on to accelerate back to your cruising speed, even if it is only 40 mph.
StevieB   
Sun Sep 02 2007, 09:46am
well what can I say !!

used the cruise control for the first time ( & first time ever had this feature in a car ) What a fantastique gadget... all my mates said it can't work as you aint got an auto gearbox.. well.. they are in for a shock... it does and its is brilliant...

Though, I must say.. it is a different style of driving... you need to be ready to anticipate traffic flow ahead.. and have your feet at the ready.. but for those parts of the motorway with little or stretched out traffic, its [%*^#@!] brilliant !!..

Drove up M6 and M54 to Telford.. effortlessly and its an amazing gadget /feature .. one that I shall enjoy using more of at every available opportunity

The instant dis-engagement when using clutch or brake is well cool.. and using the + button to increase the speed is excellent... Only on 1 downhill stretch did it exceed the speed set , and then by only 1mph..
The ability to accelerate to overtake , then ease of the throttle and it re-kicks in... is excellent..

I am one happy chappy... this C4 Cool continues to impress me.. in a way no other car has ever done !!

EXCELLENT
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member