or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

After-market Wheel bolts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ham   
Mon Feb 28 2011, 11:21am

Member No: #69
I'm after a new set of wheel bolts as the old ones are looking tired, ive looked on ebay but cant really find what i want.
Does anyone know of a website/mail order place where i can have a look to see whats on offer?
Thanks.
Sonny   
Mon Feb 28 2011, 01:14pm
Nuts
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Feb 28 2011, 01:47pm

Member No: #1
Any car parts shop will have some Ham, probably cheaper than eBay as well

There's a guy near me whose shop is always quiet..........

When I asked how he survived he said 'eBay' as he can sell things for more on there than visitors to the shop will pay
Ham   
Mon Feb 28 2011, 02:08pm

@Dave, trouble is that they never look very good and look so tatty, and most alloy wheel sales places charge silly money per bolt.
glossevans   
Mon Feb 28 2011, 02:58pm
Member No: #10878
In a kind-of associated question, are all wheel bolts the same size?

Reason for asking is that I only got one adaptor for my security wheel bolts and I'm a little concerned that if I ever lose it, I'm kinda stuffed.

Been looking to get a new set and was wondering if there are different sizes at all?

And seeing as I'm on about them, does anyone have any recommendations for security wheel bolts?
(I don't think I've ever asked such a dull question in all my life !!)
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Mar 01 2011, 01:56am

Member No: #1
glossevans wrote ...

In a kind-of associated question, are all wheel bolts the same size?

Reason for asking is that I only got one adaptor for my security wheel bolts and I'm a little concerned that if I ever lose it, I'm kinda stuffed.

Been looking to get a new set and was wondering if there are different sizes at all?

No, there are different lengths and steel wheels have a convex head to retain the wheel whilst alloys have a flat faced one.

Citroen bolts are dual fit for the alloy and spare wheel (details are in your owner handbook) and if you want a second 'key' you can order oner from a dealer using the number etched into the end of the existing one.
JonM   
Tue Mar 01 2011, 07:34am
Member No: #211
Ham wrote ...

I'm after a new set of wheel bolts as the old ones are looking tired, ive looked on ebay but cant really find what i want.
Does anyone know of a website/mail order place where i can have a look to see whats on offer?
Thanks.

Thinking exactly the same thing Jamie but don't know where to get them from

Find any good ones please let me have a link / details

Jon
Ham   
Tue Mar 01 2011, 08:34am

ive got my eye on these - Click Here - but expensive at about £37 delivered for 12 bolts
Rich_Eason   
Sat Mar 05 2011, 03:02am

Member No: #90
Polarised ones?

The best ones I have seen were the OEM ones fitted to Rover Mini Cooper Minilite Style Alloys. The Nut/Bolt came with a corrosion resistant fitted cap over the fastener and never experienced any problems with them looking tatty or going rusty...trouble is not much use on a C4

grant3000   
Tue Mar 15 2011, 06:21am
Hi, does anyone know what size nuts/bolts I need for my VTR alloy wheels?
BigJohnD   
Tue Mar 15 2011, 08:00am

Member No: #82
grant3000 wrote ...

Hi, does anyone know what size nuts/bolts I need for my VTR alloy wheels?

The bolts are Citroën Part Number: 5405.67

They are called "Monting Screws" (spelling mistake?) on Service.Citroen.com and fit all all hubs with OEM wheels.
The size is 12×125 (mm).

A set of 16 would cost £36.16 inc VAT from your local dealer.

Shaneygreen   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 01:16pm
Member No: #15135
Anyone be able to tell me what length the nuts would need to be on my VTR?

I have TD Pro Race 1.2 and 10mm spacers. My locking wheel nut key has fallen to pieces to in need of a whole new set for when i remove these one.

thanks for any help.

Shane
wozza   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 01:45pm

Member No: #2
TD themselves will be able to provide you with a new set. They include fixing kits with their wheels usually.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Shaneygreen (02 Nov 2013 : 13:56)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member