or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Auto closing windows

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Moggith   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 11:32am
Hi All- had my C4P a couple of weeks now, and when I first picked it up, the windows would automatically close if they were open when io locked the car from the remote,

now its stopped doing the auto close thing-

Anyone know why?

tnxs

wozza   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 11:54am

Member No: #2
To autolock the windows you have to press and hold the lock button on the remote.

They don't just go up with a simple press. So make sure you are holding the button down.
Moggith   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 12:14pm
Just been out and tried again, held the button down - still no go
pedal   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 12:52pm
Member No: #503
sometimes they work sometimes they dont... just the way some are.... im on my 3rd GP, other 2 it worked 100% of the time... this one... its like seeing sunshine.... when it happens, you jump around telling everyone look at that,lol never ever ever have i sussed out why, been fobbed off so many times from citroen about fixing it, i gave up,lol
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:37pm

Member No: #1
It could be the 'anti pinch' control needs a reset.

Ignition on, take all the windows down to the bottom, then back up and hold the switch in the UP position for 10 or so seconds to reset them all
pedal   
Thu Feb 03 2011, 02:48pm
hmm ill try that in the morning..
spizlot3   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 05:05am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
C6 Dave wrote ...

It could be the 'anti pinch' control needs a reset.

Ignition on, take all the windows down to the bottom, then back up and hold the switch in the UP position for 10 or so seconds to reset them all

I would agree with this, if the anti-pinch stops working for some reason, then the auto close stops as well!!

Worked when mine went boobs up!!!!!
pedal   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 05:17am
do you have to hold all the buttons in the up postion at the end or just the drivers?
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 05:23am

Member No: #1
Each one, do it front, then rear in pairs or individually
pedal   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 05:30am
so...

Ingition on. (all lite up but non running i assume?)

Drop all the windows down. Then pull one back up at a time, and hold the up button for + 10seconds.

then repeat with each window.

PentlandC4   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 07:14am
Member No: #13613
Slightly off thread, but I have a paranoia about opening or closing all of the windows at once after an old boss told me that he did that and the electric windows fused... in the open position, en-route from Bristol to London, in the dark and rain. Mind you, it was a 1986 Audi 80 with aftermarket electric windows.
neilp   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 11:45am
Member No: #3384
You let the windows go all the way down. Then press the down button again and the glass will disappear into the door. Then raise the window to the top and hold for 10 secs. (However I think it's the window disappearing into the door that does the reset.
BigJohnD   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 12:44pm

Member No: #82
PentlandC4 wrote ...

Slightly off thread, but I have a paranoia about opening or closing all of the windows at once after an old boss told me that he did that and the electric windows fused... in the open position, en-route from Bristol to London, in the dark and rain. Mind you, it was a 1986 Audi 80 with aftermarket electric windows.

That may well happen on an Audi, but if all four windows are open on a C4 when you get out of the car, holding the lock button down for a few seconds on your remote fob will close them all at once. It's a touch of class!
Moggith   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 03:37pm
Still not working, thanks for all your suggestions,
anyone else had any luck?
Biohead   
Fri Feb 04 2011, 04:09pm

Member No: #6049
Could always try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins or so. It should clear the system (the menus will all default to french, its normal) and can quite often solve a problem like this.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member