or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

Another new C4 Cool owner

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
John Swallow   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 11:44am
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd make my first post on here and say Hello to everyone.

I've just taken delivery of a Citroen C4 Cool 1.6 Petrol on Tuesday and am having much fun working out what everything does in it. It's a big step up for me, my cars have got progressively larger - going from a Ford Ka to a Nissan Micra and finally to this car. The main reason for the upgrade to this was that I have to drive each month from London to Sheffield and the Micra wasn't quite the car to do that.

This website really helped me before I made the final commitment to buying the car - especially reading the long term road test (yes it was for a different model in the range but gave me an idea of how they are quality-wise).

I'm another one of the "Dealer owes me a Cool badge" club too.

I'm hoping for several years trouble-free driving and can't wait for my first trip up north!

Cheers everyone
John in London
Rich_Eason   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:18pm

Member No: #90
Welcome John

Please feel free to join in!

I'm wondering what the going rate for a cool badge on the black market is at the moment...
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:34pm

Member No: #1
Welcome from me as well - I'm pleased you found the site usefull - it makes everyones efforts worthwhile
neilos   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:51pm
Member No: #209
Welcome John!

At last another member from the capital....we are few and far between on here.

Neil
StevieB   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 01:31pm
Welcome to C4 Owners John, as already know, it's a great place to be part of

Also congratulations on the "Cool" model from another "Cool " owner

Persevere on the Cool badge from the dealer, mine took 3 weeks to arrive.. worth the wait..

Enjoy your C4 Cool.. btw.. what colour did you chose ?

John Swallow   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 01:55pm
Thanks everyone for your welcomes. I went for the Wicked Red, it does look the business parked outside at the moment, it's such a shame that the weather has been so rubbish this week - I'm hoping for a bit of bank holiday sunshine so that I can it on a longer drive down to the south coast.

I nearly didn't end up with a C4 - had the Dixon Motor Group not gone bust a month ago I would have been the not-so-proud owner of a Ford Focus (hope that's not in the swear filter). I never even considered Citroens, but once the Ford fell through I decided to spend a bit more time trying out other things. Honda Civic = too expensive, Renault Megane = fat bum, C4 = seemingly the perfect car.

And I forgot to say thanks for including the link to cheaper GAP/RTI insurance - I saved £225 on that which also made me very happy!
Rich_Eason   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 02:11pm

Member No: #90
Choice colour and car!
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 02:32pm

Member No: #1
John Swallow wrote ...

............ I would have been the not-so-proud owner of a Ford Focus (hope that's not in the swear filter).

I better add it quick
StevieB   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 03:02pm
John Swallow wrote ...

Thanks everyone for your welcomes. I went for the Wicked Red, it does look the business parked outside at the moment, C4 = seemingly the perfect car.

Hatch or Coupe version John
John Swallow   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 04:47pm
Oh I knew I'd missed something out when I described it ... it's a Hatch, fancied having a 5-door car after my previous cars being 3 doors, just that little bit more practical for me getting nieces and nephews in and out of it.
Stuey   
Fri Aug 24 2007, 02:24pm
Member No: #84
welcome aboard John!!
John Swallow   
Sat Aug 25 2007, 01:47pm
Well the weather held, so it was a trip down to Brighton for me to enjoy the sunshine (and the car on the way there and back).

The speed control and cruise are godsends, especially when you hit the Average Speed Camera section on the A2 and M25. It's nice to be able to drive without having to worry about going over the average limit. Mechanically it was a good drive, didn't have any problems and got about 42-43MPG average on the drive, so I'm quite pleased with that as it's almost the same as the MPG I got out of my old Micra.

The one thing that I did find interesting though was the front offside pillar by the windscreen. It's a bit of a blindspot for me so I'm going to need to get used to that, and finally ...

Still don't think I've quite got the driver's seat in the right position, something's wrong but I don't know what. I'll get there in the end.

Ramble over! Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend too.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member