or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

DRL

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Mon Jul 25 2011, 01:14am
Member No: #574
BigJohnD wrote ...

Biohead wrote ...

Yes, the new models with LEDs next to the foglight are DRLs. Our C4 ECU is not designed for DRLs and so there is nothing for DRLs to plug into. You can't try to add them from a new car.

That's correct. There's an option for the driver to switch them on and off in the Menu configuration, so Lexia's not needed.

My new C4GP has them and they did not work when delivered. They could not be configured via the in-car menus or via the Lexia/Proxima until the dealer download a new configuration from Citroen.
minotaurus1   
Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:16pm
Member No: #19401
I wonder if it would be possible to load this new software configuration to C4 from 2005
minotaurus1   
Sat Sep 03 2011, 05:43pm
- Click Here -
minotaurus1   
Sun Sep 04 2011, 03:54am
- Click Here -
minotaurus1   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 10:48am
- Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to minotaurus1 for this Post :
  (08 Sep 2011 : 14:57)
Sickpuppy   
Thu Sep 08 2011, 02:59pm
Looks great.
I was gutted to find the parts from the 2011 gp were not back compatable.
I've had some led strip lights sitting in the glove box for a couple months now with the intention of fitting above the fog lights in the recess. But I've never got round to it.
The new standard drl's look amazing though.
trev h   
Thu Sep 08 2011, 03:48pm
Member No: #10864
The trouble is it doesn't look like DRLs it looks like your driving round with the front fog lights on, which is a no no in the uk, soon get fed up with getting flashed or pulled by the old bill, remember when i had a early volvo with DRLs it got tiresome keep getting flashed or someone would tell you at the traffic lights "your lights are on" easier to keep them turned off, different now though if you've got the LED ones aka audi.
Ham   
Thu Sep 08 2011, 03:56pm

Member No: #69
They look quite good, have you got a link to buy hem?
The new skoda fabia vrs has drl's where foglights are normally positioned.
Gooner_Mike   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 05:52am
Member No: #18986
They look awesome, but the wiring looks a bit daunting for me to be honest.

Loads of cars have DRLs where the fogs are now eg. Fiat 500.
minotaurus1   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 02:29pm
Thanks for your comments.

This LED lamps have all necessary certificates that allow to use them as DRL on territory of Europe Union. Certificate is also placed on front of each lamp, so in case of police doubts they can have a look and check it. I suppose they will have no other possibility than accept the lamps that were made by producer as DRL's to be placed in holes for fog lights and have proper certificate.

I have bought them here:

- Click Here -

But this is polish site.
1 User said Thank You to minotaurus1 for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (12 Sep 2011 : 01:06)
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 01:06am

Member No: #1
Thanks for the link, converting the 159 Zloty to £GB comes out at around £31.60 a pair which seems like good value. Google translate confirms what you said about EU approval as well though I can't find anything similar on eBay UK so looks like we will have to buy from Poland

In case anyone is wondering about the location of DLR's here is a guide to positioning them:

According to current rules daytime running lights must be white. Should automatically turn off when switching on dipped headlights or traffic. They must be at least 25cm from the ground, but no higher than 150cm, 40cm up from the lateral contour of the vehicle, and the mutual distance between them can not be less than 60cm.

routemaster1   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 01:34am
Member No: #574
C6 Dave wrote ...

Thanks for the link, converting the 159 Zloty to £GB comes out at around £31.60 a pair which seems like good value. Google translate confirms what you said about EU approval as well though I can't find anything similar on eBay UK so looks like we will have to buy from Poland

In case anyone is wondering about the location of DLR's here is a guide to positioning them:

According to current rules daytime running lights must be white. Should automatically turn off when switching on dipped headlights or traffic. They must be at least 25cm from the ground, but no higher than 150cm, 40cm up from the lateral contour of the vehicle, and the mutual distance between them can not be less than 60cm.

Intersting that the DRLs should switch off when dipped headlights are switched on, as on the C4GP, the DRLs are also used as sidelights although at lower intensity. Strangely, sidelight bulbs are fitted but they are totally redundant.
Sickpuppy   
Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:43pm
Ok. I fitted my drl's onto the lower bumper spar at the front. I've ran cable to the fuse box. And after opening it to look for pin 29 on plug pf I asked the question.
How the hell did you manage to find anything in that rats nest of a fuse box!!!!!????

seriously I took one look and instantly decided to leave it for another day . Is it just me or is the lack of access a serious failing on the gp? Dreading changing a fuse. And I thought bulbs were a pain to change :0|
minotaurus1   
Wed Oct 26 2011, 12:45pm
You mean pin 19? It is possible to find it. If I remember correctly plug name is on board of this "nest" and numbers are on the plug.

First find right plug than the pin.

Not every pin has a number, but there is very small number at the beginning and end of each row - like 4x x x x x x9 - so if you look for pin let say number 6 - you need to count 4,5,6 - that is 3rd from the left in this example.

You can also see the numbers on the diagram that I put above - but they are really small on it.
Murraybmw   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 01:36am
Hi!
Thanks Earle10, just fitted same pair of DRL's to my '07 VTR coupe, Cool edition. Very helpful post, but didn't realise I had a different grille til I was nearly finished, cursing cos it didn't fit flush!!! However, very pleased with the result!!! Only problem I encountered was the removal of the fog light surround, I guess I wasn't patient enough and snapped off the plastic clip on the outer edge! Haven't bothered with a new one yet as the Gorilla glue appears to be holding it!
Fitting wasn't too difficult, but with the different grille I had to cut up the mounting bracket and screw one side of the DRL onto an upright fin in the grille. As mentioned earlier, wiring was simple - just three wires. One to earth, one to live on back of sidelight and I clamped the other on in the battery positive " clampy
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member