or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Remapping a 1.6 Again!!!!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 12:48am
The age old question has
After a discussion with Tom on Facebook, he suggested contacting somewhere that remaps the C2 GT as there basically the same under the bonnet.
so firstly I contacted Cituning who said.

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your enquiry.
I have just spoken to Superchips and they still don’t have a programme written. So we cannot help you.
Maybe you could contact them to offer your car as a donor? They are based in Buckinghamshire.

Kind Regards,
Sarah

With the idea of offering my car as a donor car I've contacted maybe 6/7 last night and got a reply back instantly from a company called Race Bits who are based in Walsall, it seems the company doing the remaps are Redbits

Who have said
Hi Matt
We have remapped, supposedly un-mappable cars before. We can offer special groupbuys etcs.

But would be interested in doing a donar car first so you are able to confirm the findings back to your forum/group/club.

Where are you based?

Please feel free to ring me on 07894209873 tomorrow and can discuss

Shaun

Has anyone had anything done by Racebits or know of anyone who has??

As everyone can understand I don't someone with a bad rep at my ecu
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 02:18am

Member No: #1
Just to clarify, this is a 1.6 Petrol version we are talking about Matt?

If so, the power gains for the money it will cost will be no where near that of the 1.6 HDi.
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 03:22am
Yes it is sorry, I assumed everyone knew it was
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 04:01am

Member No: #1
They do now as I have added it into your sig, be better with a bit more detail though..........
wozza   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 07:21am

Member No: #2
He has quite a lot of modifications on his car so he really needs the remap. He has different camshafts now so should really be done.

Do these places have a rolling road matt. As a normal remap won't really be good enough for you. Ideally you want it on a rolling road and want air fuel eye measuring. Make sure it's not too rich or lean anywhere.
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 08:58am
Had another reply this afternoon from a Company called Perfection tuning.

And yes Tom they all have rolling roads

Can you tell me the year of the car and if its petrol or diesel, as both the petrol and diesel engines are 110BHP but the diesel can sometimes only be done by removing the ecu which we don't currently do at this time. If its the petrol 1.6 then yes we can do it for you, the typical performance increases and technical data from a fast road remap are listed below.

ECU Brand: Bosch Std BHP:110
ECU Type: ME 7.4.4 Std Torque NM: 146
ECU Ref: 0261XXXXX BHP Increase: +10
Software Ref: 10373XXXX Torque Increase (NM):    +17
Ori Checksum: FI No:    
Ori Chip Type: 29F400 psop    
Mod Chip Type: 29F400 psop          
Mod File Name: Upload Ori File          
Flash System: Genius          
Flash Type: F_0062 Serial Read / Write: OBD_Read / Write
Key Type: 44pin-keyA psop          
R.R.P: £269    
wozza   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 09:21am

Should be ok then. Tell them you want a live remap using the rolling road and that you have cams. As the price may shoot up a bit. A generic remap isn't going to be very good for your needs really. Once you start doing more serious mods like cams etc it really needs to be done properly. Most of the £300 or so remaps are basically just generic maps they add on for standard cars. Unless they tell you otherwise.

Could be lucky though.
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 09:43am
That's what I'm worried about, I've told them all about the cams, if you could get in touch with RSTuning that would be great Tom
wozza   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 09:51am

Will fire off a PM to Paul at RSTuning for you mate.
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 10:18am
Cheers Tom your a star
Sonny   
Sat Jan 15 2011, 04:01pm
I've been told By Perfection Tuning that their remaps are not generic but tailored to each car... which is promising
Sonny   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 01:00pm
The Bosch ecu is it a Bosch ME7.4.5? as ive spoken to RStuning and they've told me if it is that then it is possible to remap it..
wozza   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 01:34pm

Have a look on the forum, sure there is a PDF in the knowledge base with all the ECU's listed for which model etc.
Sonny   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 02:11pm
Im searching but cant seem to find the info
Sonny   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 03:15pm
Ive tried a little research online and im 90% sure its a ME7.4.4 ecu!!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member