or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Remapping

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Sat Sep 08 2007, 05:45pm

Member No: #82
tigger wrote ...

Well thats the remapping done now and what a difference. Best money spent. In 4th and 5th the car goes fantastic. The guys from angel tuning were brilliant and I would definitely recommend. The mpg has dropped from 56.4 to 54.2 which is not much at all. Its now a 140bhp which with the ESP etc works brilliantly. Also, the flat spot in 1st has gone. Its also a big difference in overtaking as I dont have to drop down a gear nearly as much as before and to be honest it drives more like a petrol than an HDI. I am one happy person.

That's an excellent reference, which is tempting me…
jthspace   
Tue Sep 18 2007, 02:32pm
My C8 2.0 HDi, which is being part exchanged this weekend, had a remap by SP-Tuning (search Ebay). They did it at my house for £190.

The difference was amazing. Although "normal" driving had slightly better performance, it REALLLY came into play onthe motorway. Overtaking was plain dangerous at 65 to 70 - it just ran out of puff. After the remap, it just keeps pulling and pulling - to be honest, it still accelerates at 95 and is still going. I have never found out what the max speed is! Best money ever spent.

As to servicing, the garage has a sticker on the service file that says "NO UPDATES" and I put a hanger on the rearview mirror that says the same - never had a problem at all.

Hope this of interest . . . . .

Jeff
no1ice   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 02:46pm
Member No: #20784
Hi guys. Had my petrol c4 mapped few months ago. noticed difference in mpg and power but now after disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time my mpg seems to have gone back to how it was and power seems to have gone. Is it possible the ecu reverted to the old config?

Or is it all in my head?
Biohead   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 05:21pm

Member No: #6049
Just in your head. The chips used in the fueling ECU are NAND - they retain their data even after power has been cut.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 no1ice (12 Sep 2011 : 17:55)
no1ice   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 05:57pm
Member No: #20784
Thanks Biohead. I guess i must just be driving with my foot down hard again. I did notice though the battery disconnect smoothed the acceleration out? I had a noticeable jerk at 1500 rpm and this seems to have gone?
damian24   
Tue Sep 13 2011, 04:08am
had mine done a while back now,
- Click Here -
Pk   
Wed Oct 12 2011, 06:13am
Member No: #20517
Well lads
got my 1.6hdi 110 chipped up to 153bhp, much quicker and nicer to drive.

sadielady   
Mon Mar 04 2013, 03:34pm
Member No: #29621
I've just had to re-register and was formerly Tigger!!

I was interested to see that disconnecting the battery makes no difference to the remapping as I always had a slight doubt as to whether or not it would have an effect.

I've had my 1.6HDi for 8 years in May (bought new) and have to say the remapping was definitely worth it.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member