or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Remapping

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tigger   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 03:18pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to this and only joined last week!!!

I've a coupe 1.6 HDi (110) and am having it remapped in under 2 weeks. I'm expecting great things!!! Having read about remapping on the website already is there anything new or whatever that I need to be aware of as I don't want any nasty shocks!!!

Also, how do you put pictures of your cars on as I can't see how to?

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 03:29pm

Member No: #1
When you making a post simply 'attach' the image where it says file to attach below the posting box - just browse to the image on your pc and click on the file - more than 1 then use the attach anoher image the say way then click reply to thread

The system does the rest

Or follow the link in the premier member PM I sent you to the Gallery Tutorial - Click Here -
satwelsh   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 03:43pm
Had mine done last Saturday, What a difference you can feel the extra torque right away and it is much smoother. Well worth the money.
VTSowner   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 04:52pm
has no one else got a 2.0 hdi thats been remapped
Phil   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 04:56pm

Member No: #406
No not yet, not sure if I'll even investiagte until my warranty's out to be honest.

It's the same unit as the new Focus and C-Max.. wonder if it's worth investigating any Ford owner sites?
satwelsh   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 10:06pm
You must tell the service manager if you have had it remapped because if Citroen update their software the dealership will try and update your ecu which will override any settings of the remap. Just make sure you have a good service manager
tigger   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 11:33am
Didn't know about the thing with the citroen upgrades. Well worth remembering. Out of curiosity does it affect your warranty!!!
satwelsh   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:13pm
This is a really grey area because my local dealer said that it was not a problem because all warranty work was reclaimed back from Citroen, so cost the dealer nothing. But if you get a "do it by the book" dealer they might try and refuse. But when you take it for a service after remapping don't let them upgrade!!
Rich_Eason   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:20pm

Member No: #90
Stuey asked (and wrote) on the service sheet not to wash his car...but they did. What are the chances of them listening not to update the ECU?!
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Aug 23 2007, 12:33pm

Member No: #1
Rich_Eason wrote ...

..................... What are the chances of them listening not to update the ECU?!

In some (but not all) cases it could be as high as zero to minus 10
tigger   
Tue Aug 28 2007, 11:09am
Car is now being remapped this Thursday. Been onto local citroen garage regarding any outstanding updates etc and there were none (at present)

Asked if there would be any probs regarding the software and was told it should be okay. If the car does go in for anything I think I'll put big stickers telling them to watch what they are doing anyway!!!

Also been in touch with insurance and its only an extra eighty odd pounds so that was okay. Will let you know when its been done.
VTS Billy   
Sat Sep 08 2007, 06:06am
Is there anything can be done to the 2.0i VTS 180? From a little 'googling', it looks like the EW10 J4 S was raised to 177 ps from the original spec, so there's probably nowhere upwards for it to go without destroying itself.

Someone has recommended polishing the engine (not with Mr Muscle!). Anyone had any experience of this?

Cheers....
satwelsh   
Sat Sep 08 2007, 06:25am
Basically no, without spending a lot of money you will not see any gains from remapping, induction kits or polishing the engine. I used to have a 1.8 petrol engine with polished ports and valves, internal polished manifold biggest waste of money i ever spent, Best money was 3 weeks ago when i had my 1.6hdi loeb remapped (fantastic). Head to head with a 1.9tdi audi A3 he kept up but could not pass and there was still some left in reserve. There is a shed full of torque and grunt and just wants to keep pulling well impressed.
tigger   
Sat Sep 08 2007, 11:21am
Well thats the remapping done now and what a difference. Best money spent. In 4th and 5th the car goes fantastic. The guys from angel tuning were brilliant and I would definitely recommend. The mpg has dropped from 56.4 to 54.2 which is not much at all. Its now a 140bhp which with the ESP etc works brilliantly. Also, the flat spot in 1st has gone. Its also a big difference in overtaking as I dont have to drop down a gear nearly as much as before and to be honest it drives more like a petrol than an HDI. I am one happy person.
wozza   
Sat Sep 08 2007, 11:44am

Member No: #2
VTS Billy wrote ...

Is there anything can be done to the 2.0i VTS 180? From a little 'googling', it looks like the EW10 J4 S was raised to 177 ps from the original spec, so there's probably nowhere upwards for it to go without destroying itself.

Someone has recommended polishing the engine (not with Mr Muscle!). Anyone had any experience of this?

Cheers....

The engine can be remapped wont be a massive gain but its something, The only way to get real power though is expensive. Cams etc would get it up a bit but not cheap to get installed. There are also Turbo conversions for the engine about. Again not cheap.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member