or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

C4 VTS with all the trimmings! An owners review

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wozza   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 05:23am

Member No: #2
I'm not bothered about it being LHD or RHD its easy enough to get used to you just have to use your wing mirrors a little more.

Most Mustangs also come in Manual.

Roush stage 3 is alright car but you can build better for cheaper. Suspension and engine work is rather minimal when you start looking at what others have done. If your just wanting to buy it and never mess with it then yeah there great but you dont buy a Mustang to leave it standard. Id rather have a Saleen Mustang anyway much prettier.
Simps   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 05:39am
LHD is OK, Lord Beuleigh is on record as saying it makes sense for driving on the left on single lane roads cos you can position yourself better with reference to the verge, however overtaking is a PITA

AND you have to reverse through KFC
wozza   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 05:49am

Lol at the KFC thing.

Over taking isnt that difficult. Drop back until you can see your not in any imminent danger pull into the other lane and look up the road if its clear gun it. If your in a supercharged stang you can be doing 100+ in a few seconds no issues over taking just issues about losing your license for speeding.
Goon   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 06:11am
If I'd had to choose between the 'stang and 'vette, I'd go with the Ford. It has an internal boot (Trunk) release just in case you get locked in the boot. Only Americans (And possibly Citroen and Alfa) might think of this!
Welshguy   
Tue Aug 21 2007, 07:18am
Member No: #77
Over taking isnt that difficult. Drop back until you can see your not in any imminent danger pull into the other lane and look up the road if its clear gun it. If your in a supercharged stang you can be doing 100+ in a few seconds no issues over taking just issues about losing your license for speeding.

Very good point..and the car in front will probably be slowing down anyway to admire that "rock hard" look that the front of the Mustang pocesses!
Goon   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 08:33am
Anyhow, back on thread. I had the VTs in at the local dealers today because of a cracked windscreen (See C4 Cracked Windscreen in the Technical section) and noticed that they had another VTS in black parked next to mine, so went and had a look. It was a 54 plate and was completely different. There was no shiny tail pipe, the VTS badges were on the back, the interior had lots of shiny chrome trims around the vents and door handles. In short, it looked totally different. When I asked the salesman, he told me it was the HDi version. I was really surprised at the number of trim differences but he just shrugged his shoulders and said "that's the way they come!"
wozza   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 08:35am

Yeah the HDI isn't as nice in the trim levels as the 180 which I think is a bit of a joke considering the HDI is more expensive.
Simps   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:18am
interesting, what are the differences?

I thought the HDi is supposed to be top spec, or at least thats what I was told!
wozza   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:31am

Extras the 180 gets as standard the HDI does not. Theres not loads of differences but there should be non as the HDI is more expensive to purchase.

Aluminium Gear knob
Xenon headlights (Used to be standard on the HDI now an option)
Chrome tail pipe
Sport rear spoiler
Security Pack (Anti-theft alarm (perimetric and volumetric) and Laminated Side Acoustic Glass)

Not sure if its the same on the diesel but on the 180 the traction control and ESP etc can be completely turned off for when you want to have some fun.
Ham   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:31am

Member No: #69
Goon wrote ...
It was a 54 plate and was completely different. There was no shiny tail pipe, the VTS badges were on the back, the interior had lots of shiny chrome trims around the vents and door handles. In short, it looked totally different. When I asked the salesman, he told me it was the HDi version. I was really surprised at the number of trim differences but he just shrugged his shoulders and said "that's the way they come!"

i would bet they dont come like that just the owner had brought the extra tim for the vents and added a VTS badge to the rear like ive done.

@ Simps by the way did you get your car remapped yet?
Simps   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:38am
I have a 54 reg and it has VTS on the back, and alarm, xenons and acoustic glass (I think) Chrome/leather gear knob not sure on the exhaust trim but prob not I think the diesel fumes rot them or something, you hardly ever see them on diesels

@hams: No remap as yet, no one seems interested I got not a single pm and last time I checked 1 possible vote.

So it's back burner at the mo whilst I get my kit car back on the road, new brakes last week - Gunsons eezi-bleed, best gadget ever (I've got better things for the wife to pump than the brake pedal........ theres a flat tyre ((Why what were you thinking?)).) new battery today and if I can secure the steering column somehow we might risk an MOT!
Simps   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:39am
oh yeah... no spoiler
Goon   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 11:46am
The Gunsons kit is ace. Just make sure that you don't use any more than 30 PSI when using. Which kitcar have you got? I had a Robin Hood and a Banham.

Simps   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 12:47pm
I have a hood too, by the name of Brum!

but mines much older and more exclusive than yours.... it's Dolomite Sprint powered

and this is his mummy!!
Stuey   
Wed Aug 22 2007, 01:07pm
Member No: #84
whack a Hyabusa engine in there! now where talking!!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member