or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

[moved] Washer jets or pump or electrical

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
daza1   
Sun Dec 12 2010, 11:59am
Member No: #16805
Hi, i have had a look through the forums but cannot seem to find the answer. I have a 2007 C4 Picasso and my front and rear washer jets are not working.

I have checked the fuses and they are OK.

I have strippped the inner arch to get at the pump and no power seemed to be going to the pump. I then took out the fuse and got the wife to turn on the washer. I used a 12v light tester on the terminal were the fuse would normally go put i got no power...

Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks. Darren
daza1   
Mon Dec 13 2010, 05:51am
Member No: #16805
OK. I have check my older Picasso and when the fuse is out there is power to the one terminal and when the fuse is in it obviously continues the power. I have checked my C4 and there is no power at all under the fuse...
Anyone?
upsbsh   
Tue Feb 22 2011, 01:04pm
Hi. I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Motor OK (took it out, powered it, works), fuse OK, no power comming to the washer motor.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Feb 22 2011, 01:34pm

Member No: #1
upsbsh wrote ...

Hi. I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Motor OK (took it out, powered it, works), fuse OK, no power comming to the washer motor.

You can take it out, connect to a battery and it may work, but can still be faulty.

If it's drawing to much current, the can bus shuts it down, so don't rule out a faulty motor as others ended up changing them
upsbsh   
Wed Feb 23 2011, 06:16am
Hi.
Thanks for prompt help, there is no power comming to the motor at all. I took the connector out and tested with the tester and also with the light bulb. Defenetly no power is getting there. The fuse is ok I replaced the 10amp with a 15amp. But there is no power comming to the fuse.
upsbsh   
Wed Mar 09 2011, 02:23pm
Thank you Daza for resolving my problem. I do not have the manual for my car, initialy my fuse box looked the same as the one that pic's were posted in one of the forums. Therefore I had changed the wrong fuse from 10amp to 15amp.

But in close inspection i found out that the layout of fuses in my car was different, it is the same as in your car. The fuse had gone and once I changed the fuse it is up and pumping, so once again, thank you Daza.

By the way I own a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1,6L Diesel VTR+.

3 User said Thank You to for this Post :
  (03 Dec 2012 : 09:51) , TangerineTractor (06 Mar 2018 : 06:56) , labhras (05 Jan 2019 : 05:48)
J0HN   
Wed May 18 2011, 12:53pm
Looks like this is very common. My wifes C4P stopped working the week before it got serviced. They fixed it (no charge I assume) but didn't say what was the problem. Then it happened again.

I checked all the 10 amp fuses, all OK, then I saw on here that some people were changing the fuse to 15amp, so I checked all the 15a fuses (I had no idea which was the correct fuse), in case someone had already changed it to 15a.

Strangely her father found and replaced the fuse, and it works for the moment.

I'm going to compare your pic with her fuse box, so I know where it is if (when) it happens again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member