or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Had a look round new c4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jaysc4vts   
Sun Dec 05 2010, 02:31pm
I had a look round the new C4 today at my local garage, looked very nice. It looked bigger. I didn't think it was out yet.
connormoose   
Sun Dec 05 2010, 08:32pm
Member No: #5593
No, its not out until January but the dealers get them in early so Joe Public can have a look and order them for launch day.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 01:45am

Member No: #1
Wrong guys, I was informed last week by my local dealer that it's officially 'Launched' in January, but available to order and buy now.

Yes it is bigger than the outgoing C4, go here - Click Here - to see the new and old dimensions
wozza   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 01:58am

Member No: #2
The major off putting thing to me with this new car is. If you want a sportyish one that is manual you have to take the HDI 150. For some unknown reason they don't offer the THP155 with a manual box its EGS equipped only.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 02:56am

In the parts catalogue they have a 1.6 200 engine variant listed Tom so not sure if that's for the DS4
BigJohnD   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 03:58am

Member No: #82
I see Citroën are holding back on the VAT increase for new cars delivered before 31st March.

There's also some huge discounts available, plus enhanced trade-in on your old Citroën.
connormoose   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 04:50pm
So Dave, isn't that what I said?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Dec 06 2010, 05:05pm

Not exactly, I got the full story today when picking up the C Crosser, Dealers aren't supposed to have the car on show. It's supposed to be under wraps until Jan 11th

Where it gets really stupid is that dealers have been paid a bonus IF the registered a new C4 by the end of last month

But, they can in theory put a demonstrator on the road now however,

If they're caught with a car in the showroom uncovered pre official launch, then can get a financial penalty

Confusing, absolutely
jaysc4vts   
Tue Dec 07 2010, 03:36pm
my local had one out side as a demo and one in the show room covered up
connormoose   
Wed Dec 08 2010, 04:05pm
I was at the dealership today actually getting quotes for a DS3 for myself Anyway, I sat in the new C4 Exclusive. I have to say, I was underwhelmed. What drew me to the original C4 was the quirkiness of it. It was different to everything else out there.

When I seen pics of the new car I didnt like it but hoped that when I seen it in the flesh, it would be amazing. It wasnt. I really wanted to like it. I really did. But it doesnt seem to add anything to the market that isnt already out there.

I know the DS4 is supposed to be the styled version, but Im really sad about the new C4. But each to their own.

I did like the rubber dials on the centre console though.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member