or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Carbon Fibre Parts for the Citroën C4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MurerG   
Sun Nov 28 2010, 02:30pm
I'll be interested to see the results!

I am looking at the mirrors done, the separation between the windows (Coupe) and the black bumper strips.

I have the C4 in grey/blue colour (not sure how it is called) and it would look awesome on it!

wozza   
Sun Nov 28 2010, 04:33pm

Member No: #2
Just trying to find another cover on ebay. One that is cheap would be nice. Just in case I dislike the look. Least then I could go back to my normal yellow mirrors.
JonM   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 04:23am
Member No: #211
Could try Streamline Carbon

Not cheap but excellent products

Link: - Click Here -

Jon

MurerG   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 05:18am
JonM wrote ...

Could try Streamline Carbon

Not cheap but excellent products

Link: - Click Here -

Jon

Cant find anything for the C4 on their website! :/
MurerG   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 07:24am
Just got a reply from Streamline Carbon.

They only do the Pillar between the windows for £60ish.

I am thinking of using 3M Di-NOC sheet and covering up all the parts I want myself.

My car is Iron grey / blue colour and I have been thinking about changing things on it for the past 2 months without really making look silly!

Just got my spoiler delivered today, and I really think Carbon insert is the best option for that colour of car as long as it is done with taste.
JonM   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 10:49am
Member No: #211
I'd love some Carbon Fibre mirror covers
Would it worth asking if C4OC could get enough interest [theres hoping]
guessing Streamilne Carbon would require a minimum order
then they might make some sets of mirror covers, worth ago eh!
I'll draft an email up in next few days

MurerG - do you have a contact

Jon
wozza   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 12:07pm

The thing with the Di-Noc is that it is a more matt finish and it just doesn't look right when you spray it with topcoat of some kind.

Where as proper carbon looks quite different.
MurerG   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:06pm
JonM wrote ...

Jon

Hi

Christopher Harwood was the guy who replied to my email.

I know the carbon sheet wont have the same effect, but it just seems that I wont be able to get everything done the way I want with carbon parts as it is just impossible to find replacement parts.

I d be interested to see if anyone ever used it to cover body parts like spoilers or splitters though.

Dave_Retired.   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:11pm

Member No: #1
JonM wrote ...

I'm sure it was Nick (nwvt) who originally started the ball rolling, but the minimum order and actual prices meant that it didn't actually go anywhere Jon
wozza   
Mon Nov 29 2010, 01:39pm

MurerG wrote ...

JonM wrote ...

Jon

Hi

Christopher Harwood was the guy who replied to my email.

I know the carbon sheet wont have the same effect, but it just seems that I wont be able to get everything done the way I want with carbon parts as it is just impossible to find replacement parts.

I d be interested to see if anyone ever used it to cover body parts like spoilers or splitters though.

If all you want it the looks, why don't you just get some resin, gel coat and some carbon fibre material and skin them in real carbon yourself. What I am doing when I can find another wing mirror cover.
MurerG   
Tue Nov 30 2010, 10:33am
Wozza wrote ...

If all you want it the looks, why don't you just get some resin, gel coat and some carbon fibre material and skin them in real carbon yourself. What I am doing when I can find another wing mirror cover.

I wish I could, just not sure I would be able to do it to a decent quality finish. Is there any tutorial somewhere?
MurerG   
Tue Nov 30 2010, 10:49am
Actually, after looking for a bit, I found a few tutorials, and it just doesnt seem that hard to do.

I am gonna have a go at it. Fingers crossed, keep you posted on the progress!
Sonny   
Tue Nov 30 2010, 03:31pm
Like to see how a spoiler would looked wrapped in carbon....
wozza   
Tue Nov 30 2010, 04:41pm

I was all ready to do it. But the carbon I ordered was around 10cm too short to cover it all. So have to order more unfortunately.

Which means material wise alone you are looking at £80 and about 3 days to wrap it. As it needs to cure some of the coats for 24 hours.
MurerG   
Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:47am
Wozza wrote ...

I was all ready to do it. But the carbon I ordered was around 10cm too short to cover it all. So have to order more unfortunately.

Would you wrap the spoiler with one big massive piece of carbon or smaller bits? I am unsure at how to do it the well enough so you dont see any lining. It is quite a complicated piece to do.

My plan is to do the mirror covers, the spoiler, the seat leon splitter. The spoiler being a very difficult piece to do though.

Anyone ever attempted to do it?

I have a piece of carbon cloth (5mx1m). Obviously I dont want to waste it as it did cost me a lot, would you be able to tell me what size a cloth you used?

Greg
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member