Login   
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Rear brakes on C4 Picasso

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
w.veighey   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 04:18AM
Member No: #14452
Do you need diagnostics to change rear brake pads?
BigJohnD   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 04:40AM

Member No: #82
No.

Here's how it's done on a hatch/coupe. - Click Here -

Note: you will probably need a left-handed piston rewind tool for the right/driver's side calliper.

If you decide to buy non-Citroen parts, make sure the pads have anti-squeal shim and new calliper bolts.
Website
w.veighey   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 05:25AM
thanks for your response ,but do you need diagnostics machine to reset the brake cable as my rear brakes are automatic (electronic).
Phil   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 05:26AM

Member No: #406
Are you referring to any special requirements regarding the electronic handbrake?

The repair instructions from Citroen say that you have to place the handbrake in removal position, but you don't actually have to. The handbrake will reset itself once applied for the first time.

EDIT:- Ahh yes you were.
1 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 C6 Dave (06 Nov 2010 : 09:59)
w.veighey   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 06:19AM
I need to know if when i change my rear pads do i need to have it done by dealership as i have been told you need the car connected to a diagnostics machine to release the automatic brake cable and to reset the brake tension.also how do you to release the automatic handbrake cable without the engine running
routemaster1   
Fri Nov 05 2010, 01:56PM
Member No: #574
w.veighey wrote ...

I need to know if when i change my rear pads do i need to have it done by dealership as i have been told you need the car connected to a diagnostics machine to release the automatic brake cable and to reset the brake tension.also how do you to release the automatic handbrake cable without the engine running

The parking brake can be released without the engine running. Turn the key until the 'ignition' is on. Put your foot on the footbrake, and press the 'handbrake' button. You may have to use the button again to reapply the brake, although if you start the engine and stop it again the brake should apply.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 Grahame (21 Jun 2013 : 10:37)
w.veighey   
Mon Nov 08 2010, 02:04AM
Thank you for your reply,but does a diagnostics tool still need to be used to calibrate the rear brakes.
Phil   
Mon Nov 08 2010, 03:12AM

Member No: #406
Refer to my previous post.....

wrote ...
The repair instructions from Citroen say that you have to place the handbrake in removal position, but you don't actually have to. The handbrake will reset itself once applied for the first time.

1 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 C6 Dave (08 Nov 2010 : 09:46)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member

Render time: 0.4606 sec, 0.0741 of that for queries. DB queries: 159.