or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

The start of my C4 modding...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C4Darren   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 01:57pm
Member No: #13754
Hey guys, I've lurked for a bit and gained some information, and decided that I wanted some of the action too. After phoning up Dealer 1 and crying while giving my card details, I've got my hands on some citroen goodies!

Coupe wind deflectors, the stub aerial, front and rear mudguards and the spoiler!

Within the next 2 weeks I'll have some bodywork touched up, lowered on Eibach pro-kit 30mm's, and all the other stuff bar the deflectors in one busy night!

Will post some better pics fitted tomorrow during proper daylight hopefully if it doesn't rain, and with my digital camera and not my phone.. but hey I love them already
wozza   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 02:01pm

Member No: #2
Still think I prefer the after market wind deflectors, think they are cheaper too! The ones myself and a few of the guys on here have. They aren't as in your face as the OEM ones. Look more OEM than the OEM ones to be honest. But as long as you are happy that is all that matters.

Least you have a spoiler! That means you are automatically part of the cool brigade.
C4Darren   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 02:04pm
There are aftermarket ones? To be honest I think I'm just a bit biased towards OEM fitting, many friends I've seen buy kinda rubbish ones but that could just be buying the ebay ones I suppose.

And yes, I can finally be part of the spoiler crew at last haha, it's just trying to find time between my work and my dad's work to do it really.
wozza   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 02:15pm

Yeah I have the Team Heko ones on my car. They are more angular and don't stick out as far. Fit pretty well too, although I broke one of mine slightly putting it in. Still fine though with a bit of double sided tape.

Should look great when the lowering etc is done though, any other plans for it?
C4Darren   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 06:30pm
Well, I'm going to get all the stuff listed above done, I've asked JonM to make me osme vinyl bits and bobs so that'll be good.

Also thinking of a custom exhaust. There's a guy around here who used to work at RMS (anyone from Ayrshire would know what I'm on about) but went solo, heard he's quite good. Just want a nice wee chrome pipe, might get dual ovals like the 206 GTi180 sorta way. Yes yes, backbox on an HDi but it's primarily looks, any nice sound is bonus.

Also thinking of an HID kit (I'd rather not have a legality discussion about it however), window tints and nicer alloys.. thought of the Resolfens but I wanna try and squeeze 18" to fill the arch, prolly also powdercoated anthracite.

Then who knows, I'll hopefully get inspiration from you lot
wozza   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 10:34pm

I still prefer the VTS 180 pipe over the 206 180 pipe. There is a video of Hams 206 180 GTI look pipe on my youtube account.

Got an after market exhaust on his.

18" wheels will fit with a huge drop no issues at all. Not sure if you have seen my car but mine would be 75-80mm lower than yours as standard at the front and 60mm at the rear. Running 18x 8" pro race 1.2's. Running Coilovers on my own car. Picture here...

There are guys with 45mm drops and 20's. Personally though think 18 / 19 is the max you should go. After that things start looking out of proportion.
Sonny   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 01:49am
I hope you don't like listening to the radio
wozza   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 02:40am

...just put a system like mine in. No matter how loud the exhaust is the stereo goes louder!
Biohead   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 03:42am

Member No: #6049
I'd like to see the exhaust kit on the HDi (And a video of the sound). I'd love the 180 tailpipe, so I'd get the rest of the exhaust done but the only diesel I've heard with a custom backbox sounds absolute garbage to be fair!.

What sort of vinyls are you getting? Citroen Sport logos?

Just as a thought, and mainly aimed at Tom because I bet he's got a good answer! When you start getting as low as you are Tom, would you have to be a lot more careful with the HDi as it's a heavier lump at the front. I mean in the way of speedbumps etc AND lowering, as won't the HDi push new springs down further than the 180 anyway?

If you do go for HIDs (for show of course!!!) don't get a cheap kit (from experience), and aim for a 5k rating as they'll look the best (anything more starts getting blue and really doesn't give the HID effect).
Sonny   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 04:36am
I'm talking about the [%*^#@!] reception you get from the stubbie aerial
C4Darren   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 02:11pm
Yea Wozza, I've seen your drop - infact one of the very first C4's I seen simply by googling haha. It's almost perfect.. I feel maybe next year I'll have to swap out the springs for coilies, aren't they about 600-800?
Also, just like the two exhaust outlets from the 206GTi 180, the VTS just seems to timid and shy for me.. personal opinion I suppose.

@Sonny - actually, no change in signal whatsoever the only change is RDS flashes more but no signal on the main stations I listen to. Biggest change is total loss of Galaxy FM... however I only got that on certain roads/areas on the big arial so no real loss.

@Biohead - Yea the citroen sport ones. I'm not wanting my car to look like a Halfords bargain-bin shopping list down the side of the car, but really the C4 either suits subtle mods or all-out (like the WRC or Musketier versions), no in-between. But yea, I'll get a video up when I get the backbox probably around december/january time. I was actually thinking about 6k for HID's, I like the slight blue hue in them to match the LED sidelights.

Sonny   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 03:07pm
Get the Citroen racing logo's as it uses the new shaped chevrons
C4Darren   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 03:12pm
Sonny wrote ...

Get the Citroen racing logo's as it uses the new shaped chevrons

Good idea, it's where to put them that's the problem though. Don't want it somewhere stupid haha.
JonM   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 04:08pm
Member No: #211
can get the new style 'Citroen Racing' graphics Darren
but will have get them produced as run out
let me know by the morning before i post yours out
Jon
C4Darren   
Mon Nov 01 2010, 12:24pm
What do the new racing ones look like? The new curved chevron akin to the new C3/DS3?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member