or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Windscreen washer adjustment

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jerrybuilt   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 04:02am
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the windscreeen washer jet? The usual pin on needle in the jet doesn't seem to help, and I can't see anything about it in the manual.

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 04:38am

Member No: #1
C4 GP ESG EXCLUSIVE wrote ...

Afternoon chaps,

Unbelievably i don't think the jets are adjustable. Had the same problem with mine from new (Feb 2007). To correct the problem, i heated up a hair grip (or something similar) and elongated the slot downwards slightly.

It's easy to pop out but can be done in situe aswell. works a treat as it was really annoying. Just dont go mad with it.

Hope this helps, Regards Lee.

Also have a read of: - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
  (12 Nov 2010 : 07:53)
rowls   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 04:38am
Member No: #12520
I know on the older type washer jets that just sprayed a single jet of water, you just stuck a pin in the end and adjusted it to suit, but not sure if you're able to do it on the ones that are fitted to C4 that send out a spray pattern to cover more of the screen.
1 User said Thank You to rowls for this Post :
  (12 Nov 2010 : 07:53)
jerrybuilt   
Fri Nov 12 2010, 07:57am
You're right there's no way to adjust the direction of the water jet, I've tried the pin method without success. The jet goes straight over the roof of my car, lets hope the ca behind is a C4 Picasso with the same problem.

Can anyone think of a design more stupid?
BigJohnD   
Fri Nov 12 2010, 08:39am

Member No: #82
I can't say mine have ever sprayed fluid anywhere other than the screen. It's rather good, actually (and better than the wife's F*c*s.)

Try cleaning out the pipes and nozzles as per the FAQ: - Click Here -
jerrybuilt   
Thu Mar 10 2011, 04:44am
Here's a video that shows my car washing the widscreen of the car behind.

- Click Here -
TonyRick   
Thu Dec 05 2019, 10:08am
Member No: #55155
Recently bought a 2016 C4 Grand Picasso. Very nice, apart from that flat fan spray that doesn't clear the washers.
I tried the screwdriver anti-clockwise twirdle thing and anything I did made it worse. Put it back to centre.
Following a post here, I tried moving the block in its mounting. Pulling down on the back, it seemed to click into a position that raised the angle. Seems much better now, although I might try the o/s to see if there's another click without the whole thing falling out!
iscom   
Thu Dec 05 2019, 10:41am
Member No: #20936
I had one which I couldn't adjust so bought a new one which worked fine now, I took the old one to pieces cleaned it and have kept it as a spare . .I now use VW QUANTUM Screen wash which is designed for spray screen washer jets and find it very good
gittos   
Thu Dec 05 2019, 02:44pm
Member No: #30055
I replaced mine with the Citroen Xantia ones mentioned in this thread and they are a vast improvement

- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member