or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Induction kit for 1.6 VTR petrol

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jamesvtrplus   
Tue Jan 12 2010, 04:39pm
Any real noticable drop in mpg? Keep us posted. Could someone send me the list and give me a ball park figure on cost please. Thanks in advance, James
bandyquill   
Wed Jan 13 2010, 04:37am
Member No: #3258
@Wozza: the filter is about at the top of the engine bay (where my resonator used to be anyway) so it should be ok, i dont tend to get involved with flooded roads...

@James: yeah a HUGE drop, but thats because ive been driving to hear the noise, ill let you know over the coming weeks wether its made any real difference... as to price it got it all done for about £60
Chris89   
Wed Jan 13 2010, 08:58am
i haven't fitted one yet. when i went to see about gettin the parts i was told that making one urself could lead to an air leak somewhere which would make the kit basically pointleess. seeing as they were a kandn supplier the guy is trying to get them to supply a cold air induction kit or add parts to standard kit to achieve this. there is a typhoon kit available for a peugoet 206 1.6 16v i was wondering if anyone knows if this would fit a 1.6 vtr petrol?
bandyquill   
Wed Jan 13 2010, 09:19am
if you get the right sized pipes and jubilee clips there wont be any air leak hes talking rubbish...

yeah it will probs fit but without trying i would never know.
Chris89   
Wed Jan 13 2010, 09:24am
yea thats what i said to him but as i'm no real hurry to do it i thought i would let him see what k and n could do for me.

where did you get all the stuff on the shopping list from? when i got it all priced it was more like £115 without an air filter!
bandyquill   
Wed Jan 13 2010, 09:32am
i only needed 3 jubilee clips (70mm they didnt have one between 60 and 70 but it was close enough) 2 60mm right angles and a 2ft straight metal tube, oil breather filter and an adapter for that and i was done...

had to fill up with fuel today and reset MPG to see if its changed, so far its not made any difference other than sound, the car seems a bit more torquey in the lower end (keep getting some wheelspin in 2nd if i floor it...

here we go kids, got a coupple of piccies.

craig26983   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 06:43am
Sonny wrote ...

P.M sent to the both of you

Hi any chance you could send me the list too please?
bandyquill   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 07:16am
are you wanting it like mine or peeking at the bottom ?
Sonny   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 12:28pm
craig26983 wrote ...

Sonny wrote ...

P.M sent to the both of you

Hi any chance you could send me the list too please?

Maybe if you get rid of that xbox avatar
Biohead   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 12:57pm

Member No: #6049
How about posting the parts in the thread so we can all see?
bandyquill   
Tue Jan 26 2010, 01:00pm
i got... from Auto Spares Kippax (ASK)

1x 2ft metal tube
2x 90 degree 60mm silicon hose
3x 70mm jubilee clips (the smallest i could get)
1x oil breather filter
(general misc parts: reducer for oil breather + steel bar for filter mounting.)

if you want more info email me
Shaneygreen   
Sun Oct 10 2010, 01:03pm
Member No: #15135
Will the repositioning of the filter being so many bends and such a long distance cause lack of air-flow? seems like its got a long way till it reaches the throttle body?
wozza   
Sun Oct 10 2010, 02:43pm

Member No: #2
Shouldn't make any difference. No real difference to the standard inlet.

Obviously a straight shot in would be better. But due to where the throttle body is you need to go with a 90degree bend. But you don't just want to leave the filter sat there unprotected as it would then be sat right next to and above the exhaust manifold. Meaning that it would get heat soaked rather quickly. So moving it away helps more.
Sonny   
Sun Oct 10 2010, 02:57pm
I got some advice from someone on here (can't remember who) and he said having different diameter hoses forces the air the air through better, if that's true or not I don't know.
wozza   
Sun Oct 10 2010, 03:08pm

Member No: #2
True in theory.

Think about a hose pipe, when you squeeze the end you make the hole smaller and the water comes out faster.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member