or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Cruise Control

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
aidy   
Fri Mar 22 2013, 06:12am
Member No: #29857
Hi, new user here

I recently bought a Citroen c4, somewhat cautiously due to general opinions of Citroen. I must admit though I am very happy with the car so far, comfy ride and great mpg ( i do a 100 mile a day commute).

Anyhow, when i got the car the, what seems common fault with the cruise control occured, wouldn't work and service light comes on, i also noticed the brake light wasn't working. A clean of the brake switch and this went away and all was ok again.

A few weeks later the cruise control has become intermittent. diagnostics are as follows: - brake lights working ok, speed limiter works ok, when i turn CC on and it chooses not to work the digits just flash, no error message displayed nor service light. After a few miles I try again and it either flashes again or works. It generally stays ok (occasionally just turns off randomly) until i brake, then we are back to hit or miss if it works again.

Any Suggestions, I appreciate there has been many posts over this but all the ones I see mention the service light coming on or speed limiter also not working.

Thanks
BigJohnD   
Fri Mar 22 2013, 06:19am

Member No: #82
1. Clean the roller switch with switch cleaner, not WD40.

2. Check the micro switch on the clutch.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 22 2013, 07:41am

Member No: #1
It it stays OK until you brake then it's pointing to the common brake pedal switch issue so why not change it?
aidy   
Fri Mar 22 2013, 07:46am
Member No: #29857
C6 Dave wrote ...

It it stays OK until you brake then it's pointing to the common brake pedal switch issue so why not change it?

I assumed that if it is the brake pedal switch then the service light would also come on?
Hoping someone else had encountered the same, don't want to be spending money replacing parts that may not be at fault...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member