or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Citroën DS4 and DS4-R

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
connormoose   
Sun May 29 2011, 07:21pm
Member No: #5593
The DS4 in that pic has Vauxhall Astra written all over it.

The wheels seem to be the same style as those on the DS3 R, apart from colour/shading. - Click Here - (Thanks to Phil for the image)

shortassrider   
Wed Jun 01 2011, 02:49pm
Looks like a large pug 206. fortunately, I like the 206. whats the damage to the pocket?
wozza   
Wed Jun 01 2011, 02:58pm

Member No: #2
connormoose wrote ...

The DS4 in that pic has Vauxhall Astra written all over it.

The wheels seem to be the same style as those on the DS3 R, apart from colour/shading. - Click Here - (Thanks to Phil for the image)

Can't really see Astra in it. Plus unlike the Astra it won't weigh as much as the moon. The top spec Astra is now over 2000kg! The base model 1.4 weighs more than a grand Picasso!
Biohead   
Wed Jun 01 2011, 03:45pm

Member No: #6049
shortassrider wrote ...

Looks like a large pug 206. fortunately, I like the 206. whats the damage to the pocket?

£18000 to £24000
whiteknight   
Wed Jun 01 2011, 08:58pm
damn fine looking car, where do I sign up for the turbo charged hybrid

cant wait to get my cheque book out for the sport or racng version, and may be a two tone silver or wicked red this time

JonM   
Thu Jun 02 2011, 12:07am
Member No: #211
There was a DS4 2 Ltr 200bhp on the 'La Vie en Bleu' French Day last Bank Hol Weekend [28th/29th May] @ Prescott Speed Hill Climb

Thread Link: - Click Here -

That car was on 19's

Jon

JonM   
Thu Jun 02 2011, 12:09am
Member No: #211
sorry the pics above don't show them - will try find another side on pic later

Jon
wozza   
Thu Jun 02 2011, 04:35am

When you say 200hp 2 litre is that the diesel? As I thought the 1.6 petrol THP was pushing 200hp in these?
Sonny   
Thu Jun 02 2011, 03:38pm
That looks mean as hell from the front, those extra doors spoil it though
wozza   
Thu Jun 02 2011, 04:48pm

My only negative other than the comedy ride height and well basically the height of the thing is....

CHROME! I really do hate chrome

Citroen should do what Audi do and offer a non chrome trim option.
Darren   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 11:57am
Member No: #5650
Well.... what do you think?

UPDATED: I have put 11 photos on Facebook - Click Here -

My local dealer gave me a DS4 to review.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 01:01pm

Member No: #1
For me (personal opinion only) I like the 2 tone leather interior, but the dashboard layout/non fixed hub steering wheel is a real retrograde step after the original C4 Darren

Why Citroen decided to drop the high level Digital speedo and fixed hub and not develop the original, I don't understand.

I still have to see a DS4 in the 'metal' but can picture it looking far better with a good set of lowering springs or a set of coil overs

The original 'DS' was far more futuristic than the current DS range in the looks department and Citroen have missed a great opportunity to once again lead the field in car design.
wozza   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 02:53pm

Pretty much echo what Dave has said to be honest.

It would also be nice if BMW let Citroen use their new 2.0 Turbo charge units but I can't see it happening.
Rich_Eason   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 03:33pm

Member No: #90
This image sums up why I'm not overly enamoured by the newer C4's...

If you look at the image, the Speedo Binicle the text is White on Black, back lit blue, with blue LCD text. A bit VW but looks ok. !o@k

The central display, is in the negative white on black LCD and looks good on its own. !o@k

The LCD text 'font' matches the central info display in the speedo binnacle but not the blue digital text surrounding it. !niet

The heater consol orange LCD text and back lit orange... matching nothing else around it. !niet

So there are three independent styles and colours going on and I cant help get the feeling that its all a bit 'raid the PSA parts bin' approach to styling. The original C4 was consistent throughout (reversing the display aside), I just get the feel that nothing matches.

This is going to sound really petty but its these details that matter for me unfortunately.

Cant help noticing the humongous gap between top of wheel and the arch surrounding it...

Dont know if its the angles taken, but the DS4 in Jons pics doesnt have the massive orange bar running through the headlamp/ indicator on the front...

Sorry this post isnt positive!
Darren   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 03:36pm
Member No: #5650
One thing I can say, is compared to my C4 which was Remapped, the DS4 pulls very hard and feels much faster up to 70. However, it might just be where I am used to my really slow Hyundai I have at the moment.

I have the DSport HDi 160 Manual for the review. It's fully kitted out apart from the Xenons and 19" alloys. I will also be receiving the DS3 Racing some time soon.

I will post my review on it when I am finished with it. One thing I can say is that it's definitely a head turner. Whether it's in interest or disgust however I have yet to find out!

If anyone was interested why I have this to review, it's because I mentioned when ordering my new DS3 that I am part of C4owners and DS3owners and said I would be interested in taking out new cars to review them and to post my views on the site. They seemed very keen so I will be taking out cars every now and again to see how I think about them. Of course C4O and DS3O will be first to hear the results!

Rich_Eason wrote ...

If you look at the image, the Speedo Binicle the text is White on Black, back lit blue, with blue LCD text. A bit VW but looks ok. !o@k

The central display, is in the negative white on black LCD and looks good on its own. !o@k

The LCD text 'font' matches the central info display in the speedo binnacle but not the blue digital text surrounding it. !niet

The heater consol orange LCD text and back lit orange... matching nothing else around it. !niet

So there are three independent styles and colours going on and I cant help get the feeling that its all a bit 'raid the PSA parts bin' approach to styling. The original C4 was consistent throughout (reversing the display aside), I just get the feel that nothing matches.

Remember you can change the colours of all the dials on the DS4. It goes through a rainbow of colours so you can have multiple combinations of colour, it's simply down to the owner to select what they want by pressing the buttons.

Rich_Eason wrote ...

Dont know if its the angles taken, but the DS4 in Jons pics doesnt have the massive orange bar running through the headlamp/ indicator on the front...

The image posted by Jon has a DS4 with the Xenon headlamps fitted. These have a different look to them and don't have the yolky coloured strip.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member