or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP Dash display

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jimbob   
Sat Sep 04 2010, 04:14pm
We have recently noticed that for no apparent reason, between start ups, we loose the previous dash display setting. We generally have the lower section of the info screen showing average mpg / remaining range etc., but often when we turn on we get a blank lower screen. We can get the preferred display back by pressing a variety of buttons, but it is just an inconvenience really.

Presumably related to the above, between start ups, we also completely loose the trip and total mileage displays. As yet I haven't found a permanent way of getting these back. By pressing the odometer '0000' button we get both back briefly, but they soon disappear again.

Answers / suggestions on a postcard....... Loving the car overall by the way - just done a great job of taking the family around Cornwall and Devon for two weeks in supreme comfort, just beginning to get some of those Citroen niggles....

widu13   
Sat Oct 20 2012, 05:36am
Member No: #21931
Anyone had anything similar to this? I took the GP (wife's car) to a Citroen Indie for service about 6 weeks ago and now when the engine is started it starts with a blank lower display which is regained by scrolling through the display options on the right stalk but lost when the ignition is witched off, also the mileage display is permanently missing from the display. The service countdown still displays on start up though, so the mileage is being recorded somewhere. Is this anything to do with the service reset?

Apparently the wife noticed this after the service but thought it was supposed to be like that!
rusky   
Sat Oct 20 2012, 03:27pm
Member No: #27768
It's a setting in the menu somewhere! I reset mine last week.

When I test drove mine, it had the info in the bottom window but when I collected it it had been serviced & the display was blank.

I'll have a play & see if I can find it
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 widu13 (21 Oct 2012 : 09:25)
rusky   
Sat Oct 20 2012, 03:33pm
Member No: #27768
OK. Have you tried pressing the mode button?
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
spizlot3   
Sun Oct 21 2012, 03:35am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
There is a button used for switching certain bits of the display eventually just ending up with the speedo.
I think it's on the right hand side of the display known as the night mode button.
Give it a twirl Anthea, you never know!!!!
1 User said Thank You to spizlot3 for this Post :
widu13   
Sun Oct 21 2012, 11:43am
Member No: #21931
Sorted (I think) thanks to your suggestions. The night mode is the button to the left, the mode button is on the right of the display. A few presses and the info was brought back. It's obviously something to do with the service reset (button press sequence perhaps?) and was just left blank. Thanks to all for the help.
FedorN   
Tue Mar 29 2016, 09:53am
Member No: #44300
Hello everybody! Let me ask here: is it possible to replace the monochrome display with two-coloured or multi-coloured one on C4GP? Will the odometer value be preserved after replacement? Thanks.
routemaster1   
Tue Mar 29 2016, 10:04am
Member No: #574
If you mean the screen with 5 variations of mainly blue, the issue is that they stopped fitting them before 2011, and none were available as replacements. If you can find one and if it does fit, the odometer reading will be the higher of the car mileage in the BSI and the stored mileage of the screen.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member