or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

What a lowered C4 looks like and what have users fitted

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rik81h   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 03:12pm
Member No: #22197
50 sounds so much though, can just see the mrs killing it out speed humps hmmm.

Fair enough about the coil overs threads, makes sense but easily overlooked. Good job im right anal about cleaning/detailing.

I noticed the colour looks dif in dif pics, seen some high res ones somewhere where it looked mint though.

Got some deciding to do i suppose, thanks for you advice guys I'll get some pics up when i get round to finishing the paint correction gotta love black and swirls
wozza   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 03:20pm

Member No: #2
Know the feeling with paint correction, got mine to do before FCS. So going to take a couple days for that, G220 isn't exactly the quickest machine to do it with.
plymouthmad   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 08:36am
rik81h wrote ...

@plymouthmad i agree about the slammed look and Ham's looks mint (mines same colour) except Ham's is a VTS thus lower anyway, mine wouldn't sit like that with the same kit.

@Wozza What maintenence do coilovers add? Do the B12's give a more "standard" ride?

I know what you mean, it's different people's opinions at the end of the day. Yea ham's does look good but I think I'm just getting old . I'm only 25! Do you have to adjust the headlights sensors when you lower it or is it ok?
Ham   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 08:49am

Member No: #69
No, you dont have to have head lights altered when you lower the car (with the Xenons their self levelling).
C4Darren   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 11:05am
Member No: #13754
I know even on a 30 drop my headlights technically failed on their beam pattern but the guy raised em.
plymouthmad   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 11:57am
nice might have to look in to them then when funds allow!
Ham   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 01:01pm

I must add they don't need altering on the VTS and Exclusives with factory fitted HID's on.
rik81h   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 01:05pm
@Wozza Yeah i know the feeling, i use a DA too, a DAS 6. Does take a long time but the intermediate paint is pretty easy to work with if you have the right polish and technique. Just stick to small areas and cover 20-30 times and move on. Polished Bliss gave me some great tips personal to my car and colour and i'm well happy with the tips and products had from them.

Not fair having self levelling xenons i want some .

@Ham What detailing kit do you use? the shine on it is lovely.
Ham   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 01:30pm

I use Megs clay bar kit, auto glym ultra deep shine and auto glym HD wax, but i occasionally use poorboys polish and poorboys nattys blue wax , only when the weathers very warm or sunny and the paint work is warm/hot.

Oh and all done by hand!!!!
wozza   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 01:44pm

Member No: #2
rik81h wrote ...

@Wozza Yeah i know the feeling, i use a DA too, a DAS 6. Does take a long time but the intermediate paint is pretty easy to work with if you have the right polish and technique. Just stick to small areas and cover 20-30 times and move on. Polished Bliss gave me some great tips personal to my car and colour and i'm well happy with the tips and products had from them.

Not fair having self levelling xenons i want some .

@Ham What detailing kit do you use? the shine on it is lovely.

Yeah I need to order some more Menzerna stuff. Running out of a couple bits, doubt there is enough left to finish the car. It can wait until I have finished the new fibreglassing bits though as the car is going to get covered in dust etc from sanding.
rik81h   
Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:11am
Wow, good results with the HD then, a mate uses that on his mini but i didn't think it was great but his is a pretty gash colour. Another friend uses various natty's and swears by it.

@Wozza Yeah i use Menzerna polish with the DA. Then i use Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, All Finish Paint Protection then Midnight Sun Paste Wax all by hand. They are the nicest and easiest products i've ever used and the results after each step are stunning.
Brimski   
Sun Mar 04 2012, 09:07am
Member No: #22451
Eibach Pro springs 35/30

pyyno   
Fri May 04 2012, 02:13pm
Member No: #24599
Likely stiffer spring on the 2.0 versions

My 06 VTR+ coupe 2.0 is pretty - Click Here - with the current set up

,bearing towards the Eibach retailers...
planet_saxx   
Sun Jul 22 2012, 07:11am
Member No: #26660
05 vts-180

apex -35mm (more like -40)

lowering guide here - Click Here -
mike_b   
Mon Oct 15 2012, 06:34pm
Member No: #4479
C4 hatch lowered approx 50-60mm on KW variant 1 coilovers

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member