or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

C4 Quickshift Feedback...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
obp.ltd   
Fri Jul 09 2010, 06:14am
Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, I work for a company called Optimum Balance Products. We design, develop and manufacture professional racing products.

I have been told by 'Wozza' that a C4 shift could turn out to be popular, however i'm aware that the c4 has 4 different manual boxes, so it's a pain for people to manufacture these.

I can confirm that OBP are looking into doing this, but we need to try and get as much feedback as possible from you guys.

We need to know whether there are any C4 quickshifts about, if people have attempted them before, information on how they would fit, possible pictures, material, how many people would buy these etc etc... basically any information about these is needed.

We know a lot about quickshifts, we sell numerous ones, but not for the C4. We are aware they would be similar, but to help you guys, we need as much feedback as possible to create it the way you want plus the C4 having 4 different manual boxes, doesn't really help us!

Thanks all.
obp.ltd   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 06:12am
???
wozza   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 10:52am

Member No: #2
I would be interested.

I know my car uses the BE4 gearbox. Same as used in the 206 GTI 180.

It has been brought up before and people have purchased quickshifts only to find they don't fit. So not sure why more people have not replied.
Sonny   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 12:55pm
I'd be interested i just aint a clue what box is in my car...
wozza   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 01:07pm

Your car has the same MA gearbox as found in any other Citroen or Peugeot 1.6.

2.0 HDI diesel has the ML6 box I believe.

Think it will either require a number of different quickshift to fit the C4. Or something along the lines of the compbrake items. Which replace the ball on the original gearstick with a pivot that you can alter the position of to alter the throw length.

Not sure if the current 206/306 version will fit. Technically it likely will do however. Due to the installation being quite difficult and not easily reversible. Since you have to cut the plastic ball off the current stick not something I would like to try. Without knowing for definite if it isn't going to work.
Ham   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 01:38pm

Member No: #69
I would be interested in a quick shifter for my VTS 180 too
danny_l   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 05:16am
I'm interested but not sure wot box I have in the 1.6Hdi...
obp.ltd   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 06:09am
Thanks for the feedback. Wozza, any possible pictures or links you can send me to have a more in depth look into things.

Cheers
BigJohnD   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 06:44am

Member No: #82
danny_l wrote ...

5 speed manual? Then it's probably the BE4-5L.
wozza   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 07:14am

danny_l wrote ...

BE4 box as well. Just they use rods on all the other models, uses cable on the 180 due to the exhaust manifold getting in the way.

obp.ltd wrote ...

Thanks for the feedback. Wozza, any possible pictures or links you can send me to have a more in depth look into things.

Cheers

Will try and get a picture for you later on.
JonM   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 08:01am
Member No: #211
I'm very interested in one too.

Jon
obp.ltd   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 08:05am
Yes that would be a lot of help thanks.

Too me it seems like the feedback is good enough to produce these, we just need all the info sent to me.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jul 13 2010, 10:18am

Member No: #1
Wozza has all the parts diagrams now which he could forward on
obp.ltd   
Wed Jul 14 2010, 05:40am
Ok,
email me at e mail icon.

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 14 2010, 06:37am

Member No: #1
OK e mailed them to you now.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member