or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

ESP/ABS fault , Switch replacement guide.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CamM   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 05:01am

Member No: #19249
C6 Dave wrote ...

funky-1 wrote ...

On another note, a BIG thanks to CamM who last week met up with me and helped me to enable my reverse parking sensor car image on the screen.

That would be the one they said wasn't possible to do

The very same!
funky-1   
Mon Sep 09 2013, 08:27am
Member No: #31380
C6 Dave wrote ...

funky-1 wrote ...

On another note, a BIG thanks to CamM who last week met up with me and helped me to enable my reverse parking sensor car image on the screen.

That would be the one they said wasn't possible to do

Hey C6 Dave, EXACTLY mate. I went back and told them and they scratched their heads. In saying that, I got them to replace my brake switch which was bringing up the ABS error and they didn't charge me for labour, so that was OK I guess.
Ham   
Mon Sep 09 2013, 10:09am

Member No: #69
Ham wrote ...

Ham wrote ...

he he he, two weeks on and still no abs/ esp warnings!

Almost 1 1/2 years on and touch wood no fault!!

Three years on and its still ok!
carlosftw   
Mon May 19 2014, 06:00am
Member No: #13479
Sorry to post in an old thread but just wanted to say that I had an issue with the SERVICE light coming on when I switched to the cruise control (C4 2007 coupe).

As jon2CV pointed out earlier on in the thread - my brake lights were also affected - which I spotted whilst driving at night. When braking, the brake lights would struggle to come on, sometimes flashing multiple times or just not coming on at all. This was very frustrating (and worrying - didn't want to be rear-ended!) but it was definitely related to the cruise control problem...

I purchased a brake switch (about £10 on eBay) as I wanted to see if this alone would sort the issue, without the additional loom. It seemed to sort the brake lights but I was still getting the cruise control SERVICE light. After purchasing the loom (about £15 on ebay) and fitting that too (it acts as an 'extension' between the brake switch and the existing cable), the issue is definitely fixed.

Thanks for all the posts in this thread. £25 and all sorted
1 User said Thank You to carlosftw for this Post :
 BigJohnD (19 May 2014 : 09:15)
vandeley   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 01:42am
Member No: #38786
Hi, thank you very much for the photos.

I've opened the foot well but in my C4 grand picasso it seems different and the switch might be there but all sorts of other switches and cables, its not that clear.

Did anyone try it on a C4 GP?
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 02:12am

Member No: #1
The guide is for a right hand drive car, yours will be more cluttered in there being left hand drive?
vandeley   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 02:47am
Member No: #38786
Admin Dave wrote ...

The guide is for a right hand drive car, yours will be more cluttered in there being left hand drive?

Thanks, so do you mean mine will be in the driver's side?
I saw other posts from GP owners saying this is different.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 09:17am

Member No: #1
Yes, the switches were never moved for RHD conversion cars, they stayed in the same place as for LHD cars. i.e. the drivers footwell.
Solfred   
Sun Mar 29 2015, 11:35am
Member No: #37192
Hi, for those of you with an auto LHD C4GP, here is a photo of the panel to be removed. The only difference seems to be the retaining pin (A).
The weakness seems to be the plastic ratchet which allows the switch to close up. There is a release mechanism made of very poor quality plastic.To release move clockwise. To lock counter clockwise.
Failure results in ABS fail, ESP fail, Handbrake Fault and the car goes into "Limp Home" mode (car won't shift up from 3rd gear, and then won't start the next time you try) Before replacing with new try re-adjusting.
Many thanks to Ham. Citroen charged me 100 euros to replace this switch the first time.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member