or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

First Day & First Impressions ! 1.6 HDi 92 "Cool" Hatch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
j-c   
Thu Aug 02 2007, 11:58am
OK a bit...

Ah - one thing I notice on your display is the temp gauge- the GP does not have a temp gauge and that is something I like to see...rather than just a warning lamp.
StevieB   
Thu Aug 02 2007, 11:57pm

Oh and a few more things to add...

the driving position appears to be much higher than on the Xsara ( and No I am not sitting on a cushion )

All round visibility is really quite good, though I have still to get used to the sharp drop off on the bonnet,,difficult
(at the moment) to tell where the bonnet ends,when parking... and rear vision / reverse parking will take a little time to get used too..

Pity, the Cool SE doesn't come with sensors..

hey... I'm off work for along weekend.. why the heck am I up so early !

Ah well... today is wash polish an wax day = how many shredded wheat will I need ?

StevieB   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 09:09am
The result of todays, washing, polishing and waxing.. My C4 1.6Hdi 92 COOL.... in Iron Grey

(well it will be when I get the missing badge that the dealer has had to order !! )

Comes up pretty nice methinks

Stevie B
Stuey   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 10:25am
Member No: #84
mmm shiny...nearly as good as mine mate...keep trying
StevieB   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 10:43am
Stuey wrote ...

mmm shiny...nearly as good as mine mate...keep trying

Thanx Stuey...
Early days yet..
Depth is what it needs..methinks... may try some of that Nattys Blue as suggested...
j-c   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 11:44am
I would jsut add mind you that before you apply nattys for the first time, make sure you clay the car first...that way it will be easier to apply and buff...and also add more protecion to reduce the need to clay in future..

...and YES before you ask, even on a new car...
StevieB   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 12:10pm
Thanks j-c, and presumably the sooner I do this the better ?

and do I do it all again... wash, clay, rinse, dry, polish SRP, Nxt then natties blue and do you mean by more protection.. several layers of the last product ?

Blimey.. I think I am gonna be booking another long weekend and getting the neighbours curtains twitching...

"Look Steve really loves that new car lvfox! He's spent the past 2 days working on it !! "

j-c   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 12:44pm
I get the curtain twitchers....they don't say he loves that new car they say look at that sad b*****d...
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 01:13pm

Member No: #1
j-c wrote ...

I get the curtain twitchers....they don't say he loves that new car they say look at that sad b*****d...

Geordie humor - don't you just love it
StevieB   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 03:14pm
c4owner wrote ...

j-c wrote ...

I get the curtain twitchers....they don't say he loves that new car they say look at that sad b*****d... :$

Geordie humor - don't you just love it

A stock Midlanders reply would be " Wye Aye Man.. "

I am sure my neighbours were saying something like..
"look at that pr*tt, it's only 3 days old and he's already washing and waxing it ! "

Do I care ? NOT !

StevieB   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 03:19pm
Oh, and I have just clocked 178 miles on the first 1/4 of a tank of fuel.. and average says 57.6 mpg..

COOL or what !!

j-c   
Fri Aug 03 2007, 03:24pm
That is impressive on a new engine...very impressive.

I'm on 38.6 average after 1800 miles...
StevieB   
Sun Aug 05 2007, 06:10am
Okay new C4 cool has been with us 5 days now, and I am STILL, mightily impressed

Doing my Sunday morning overtime for work, (helps with the car payments! LOL) I took her up the motorway , only 2 junctions, but I am impressed, with this engine.. Acceleration up to 80, ( sorry Officer) was superb.. The car is very smooth and very quiet..
Not had a chance to play with the cruise control yet, but I have every confidence she will perform.

Considering this is a 1.6 engine, Citroen have designed a super engine.. and as for economy.. I am gobsmacked..

Some of my pals have seen the car for the first time, and they have been "wowed" ....the dash they say is like a space ship They have never seen anything like it ! LOL Clearly they are impressed !

Don't suppose you can detect, how happy we are with this can you ?

Bl**dy Fantastique !!

Stevie B
Rich_Eason   
Sun Aug 05 2007, 07:50am

Member No: #90
First thing I'd be more than lucky to get 200miles out of a quarter of a tank...

Secondly you must be mad up at that time on a Sunday! (a!)
StevieB   
Sun Aug 05 2007, 08:37am
Rich_Eason wrote ...

Secondly you must be mad up at that time on a Sunday! (a!)

he hee.. I enjoy early mornings, the best time of any day.. rise and shine at 05.15 at work for 07.15 .. early birds an all that...

Anyways Sundays is double time so helps pay for the new mota !o@k

I do have a lay in, till 7.00 am on Saturdays ...

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member